• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Hows everyone mounting their oil coolers?

Lmfp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Lake Charles, LA
Ok guys so im putting a darale aux transmission cooler to help my c4 survive the new 351 going in. Question is i also want to add an oil cooler for the engine. I plan on putting the tranny cooler on the passenger inner fender but not sure about the oil cooler. Anyone have pics of how theyve done it? Im having a hard time finding the info i need on this. Im assuming it wouldnt fit on the drivers inner fender due to the power brake booster, or am i wrong on that?

73stallion

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Eugene, OR
i don't have a trans cooler, but i mounted my engine oil cooler flat under my radiator. it's about as wide as the radiator mounts.

73stallion

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Eugene, OR
no actually it's about 4" to 5" wide, i just bolted it straight to the lower radiator L brackets. i'll try and get a pic tomorrow.

OP
OP
Lmfp

Lmfp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Lake Charles, LA
Awesome thanks. I dont want to put it in front of the radiator. Its hard enough keeping these things cool.

broncosbybart

Bronco Guru
my recommendation is in front of the rad. are you buying the coolers with the built in fans? if so, they do make a 2 core cooler (you could use it for both functions). from experience, they work ok but won't do a lot of work without fresh air.

OP
OP
Lmfp

Lmfp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Lake Charles, LA
My transmission cooler will have a fan. I havent decided on the engine cooler yet. Still trying to decide what would work best.

OP
OP
Lmfp

Lmfp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Lake Charles, LA
Do yall think it would be over kill to have a large rectangle cooler with 2 small pusher fans on the lower half of the radiator? Im not around the bronco for measurements but im thinking that would keep it from killing my airflow. Im trying to make sure i have all my bases covered so i dont have to come back and adress this later. My budget is gonna be tight till next summer.

http://www.jegs.com/i/Derale/259/15502/10002/-1?parentProductId=1335934 something like this.

Last edited: