• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

hummer vs bronco

Crawdad

Bronco Guru
I may get smacked a lot for saying this but I love the Hummer SUTs. You know the one with the 2’ long bed. If I had the money I would 1) stretch the bed out another 4’ and 2) enclose the back so that it doesn’t lay down and leak. But seeing how I can’t get my own bronco done I don’t think my fantasy will come to fruition.

ledslinger29

I’ll give you ten bucks for it. Keep the Bronco.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
rydog1130

rydog1130

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Love the comments I can tell who was in the service and who wasn’t by most of them. The service guys are never to fond of them as they had to drive them everywhere! While us civilians think they’re the coolest! Ha

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
I'm With 904, Before selling the BRONCO .. I'd have to let POP drive it , the Hummer, around for a while to see if he likes it.
... I'm getting long in the tooth. So power steering & Getting up & into my BRONCO iS BECOMING an issue. & Automatic WOULD BE SWEET. But DON'T most of the Hummers have the Allison in them. & I'm all in for the Diesel....
... I've tried for years to get the WIFE TO BUY A HUMMER III.
NOW THEY'VE Stopped making them.
dang.

SteveL

Huge chevy guy
Loc.
Hawthorne ca
Love the comments I can tell who was in the service and who wasn’t by most of them. The service guys are never to fond of them as they had to drive them everywhere! While us civilians think they’re the coolest! Ha

True. The military guys know how harsh they ride but take for granted their off road capabilities. The rest of us see em as the ultimate off the shelf zombie apocalypse vehicle.

NC_Pinz

I've seen them offroad in civilian life and don't care for the screech made when they try to rock crawl and end up being dragged by a winch.

I'd keep the Bronco, and if I wanted a real off road truck, go for a Unimog. It can go more places stock than about anything else short of something with tracks. When you can fit 44s on a stock truck and change your differential gear oil with a 5 gallon bucket, you have some respectable ground clearance.

OP
OP
rydog1130

rydog1130

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
I've seen them offroad in civilian life and don't care for the screech made when they try to rock crawl and end up being dragged by a winch.

I'd keep the Bronco, and if I wanted a real off road truck, go for a Unimog. It can go more places stock than about anything else short of something with tracks. When you can fit 44s on a stock truck and change your differential gear oil with a 5 gallon bucket, you have some respectable ground clearance.

Eh, the hummer still looks cooler than the unimog ....IMO