• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Hump hugger or Tuffy center console?

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
I think they are 2 different types of products so it's what you're looking for. I put a Humphugger in my half cab because I just wanted a non-secure storage console with cup holders that had a comfortable arm rest sniff which looked nicely upholstered to match new seat upholstery. To me, the Tuffy is a more utilitarian console you can lock (especially if your running a soft top or not top), mount a head unit in, and have a couple of cup holders too. The Tuffy fits more of an off road build while the Humphugger is more restomod.

I had to mount the Humphugger on a wooden platform I built to raise it a bit.

Attachments

• 2E858622-7E8B-4B4D-9D87-15EE0C20E4FA.jpeg
    2E858622-7E8B-4B4D-9D87-15EE0C20E4FA.jpeg
    170.6 KB · Views: 78

billh1289

Contributor
Loc.
Jackson, NJ
I think they are 2 different types of products so it's what you're looking for. I put a Humphugger in my half cab because I just wanted a non-secure storage console with cup holders that had a comfortable arm rest sniff which looked nicely upholstered to match new seat upholstery. To me, the Tuffy is a more utilitarian console you can lock (especially if your running a soft top or not top), mount a head unit in, and have a couple of cup holders too. The Tuffy fits more of an off road build while the Humphugger is more restomod.

That came out nice.

green61bug

Contributor
Loc.
Greensboro

Those seats look comfy!

nvrstuk

Contributor
Just a Bronco driver for over 50 yrs!
The Tuffy is definitely utility and clunky. I've owned one for over 20 yrs.

Totally remade it last month and just starting to reinstall. Maybe I shouldn't even post a pic yet as it's a disaster :) but I need secure storage with my open air half cab and we are padding the ENTIRE top and the top 3" of the pass side so my wife's forearm isn't black and blue after it bumps it 50 times on a wheeling trip. She bruises easy but there are a lot of sharp corners we are covering.