• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Hydraulic Question

Solar Aviator

I'm planning on using a power steering unit out of a 79 Bronco, Hydroboost out of a Mark IIV, and the 94 Mustang power steering pump. Any one know if the pressures and volumes are compatable. (The reverse steering will be a great anti-theft feature) ;)

POWERBRAKEBOB

Hydroboost Vs Vacuum Vs Powermaster

The Lincoln H/b Has A 4 Bolt Cast In Mounting. It Also Is 30 Years Old, And The Power Piston Is The Smaller Of The Two Sizes In The Hydroboost World. It Will Work If You Get It Mounted. We Have A 2 Bolt Mounting Plate That Is Retained By A 2" Nut On The Back Of The Later H/b's. That Allows For Interchangeable Plates, Or Custom Made Plates. We Also Have Stainless Braided, Teflon Lined Hose Sets With Banjo Ends To Connect At The Hydroboost, Making The Plumbing Much Easier. If The Lincoln Booster Leaks, We Can Rebuild It For You, Or Change Over To The Newer Style.

ken75ranger

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Troy, NY
You might want to consider getting a truck pump. The mustang uses less of pressure or volume I can't remember which one because it only has to run a rack system. The mustang pump works better than the stock one but it does groan a little.

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
POWERBRAKEBOB said:
The Lincoln H/b Has A 4 Bolt Cast In Mounting. It Also Is 30 Years Old, And The Power Piston Is The Smaller Of The Two Sizes In The Hydroboost World. It Will Work If You Get It Mounted. We Have A 2 Bolt Mounting Plate That Is Retained By A 2" Nut On The Back Of The Later H/b's. That Allows For Interchangeable Plates, Or Custom Made Plates. We Also Have Stainless Braided, Teflon Lined Hose Sets With Banjo Ends To Connect At The Hydroboost, Making The Plumbing Much Easier. If The Lincoln Booster Leaks, We Can Rebuild It For You, Or Change Over To The Newer Style.

All my conversions are using the old Lincoln H-boost units. They work sweet, if a litle awkward to mount up..but we have that down to a 'science'..;D

But my larger question is ..who you? Sounds like we may have a newbie on baord that can back up the h-boost systems like Ray does for us on the electrical stuff..:cool:

musetech

Loc.
Alexandria
I don't post much. But I read a ton. I, myself, don't much mind if someone chimes in with a solution to our probs involving a company he works for. I guess there are limits to everything and can see it getting out of control. I also see how it could dilute the site. Have seen this come up in a few threads, at least three tonight. May not be my place to throw in my two cents as I've only been on the scene a couple of years. I always felt the bronco community to be pretty small...not quite the volume of mustang aftermarket so any attention we get must be favorable.

I only chime in if the thread is exhausted, new, or I think I know something helpful about it that no one has said yet. Admin may want to keep tabs on folks that are obvious on self promotion.

Any way, "nine coronas"...

Broncos Rule! Even though mine is junk...

H

Heinz_67

Here I go again....

POWERBRAKEBOB said:

This guy should change his screen name to SpamLord. Aren't there rules about this crap on ClassicBroncos?

76Broncofromhell

Bronco Totalitarian
Loc.
Reno, NV
Here, try this next time you post:

dscn40859ss.jpg