• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Hydro boost questions...

RustyNutz

Loc.
Coos Bay
Years ago when I first picked up my current bronco I put gm front disc conversion on, TBP vacuum power booster kit on along with their proportioning valve. I now want to change to hydro for better braking and make it easier for the wife to drive. So reading all the threads I can find, I want to go with the Astro unit which should bold to my existing angled bracket. Get the angled linkage kit from eBay. Then comes the master cylinder, can I use the one that I have now that came with the TBP vacuum kit since it was for disc front and drum rear? it is 3 3/8 spacing.

Does this sound right?

garberz

Bronco Influencer
Loc.
Conejo Valley, Ca.
No, not that simple. The Astro unit seemed the simplest install, but the linkage kit from Ebay wont work with Tom's angle bracket, it only fits the stock 76-77 angle bracket. You'll need the Ebay complete bracket and linkage kit which is about $60 more. Not sure on the master, I bought a new one for a 78' Camaro, it was less than $40. Bend up some new brake lines and make your own hyd. hoses with the reusable ends.

904Bronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Martin, CA
I used an 80's Camero MC and it leaked brake fluid out the cap, a common complaint on this MC in this application... I used the Astro MC with good results, slightly larger bore, which means firmer pedal... Still stops like a champ though!