• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Hydroboost fluid capacity

4x4man514

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Augusta,Georgia
Can anyone tell me approximately how much fluid a wh moab hydro boost system with a cooler should take? I'm bleeding mine now and have used about 1 1/4 quarts so far. Just trying to get an idea if I'm close. Thanks yall!

rocknhorse76

Contributor
Bronco owner since 1993 💪🏻
Loc.
Central WA
Depends on what else you have plumbed into your power steering system. Mine holds a bit over 2 quarts, but I also have a PSC remote reservoir pump and ram assist.

OP
OP
4x4man514

4x4man514

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Augusta,Georgia
Thanks that at least gives me something to compare to. Im simply running a saginaw pump and cooler. No ram or remote. I imagine I might be about full at 1.5 qts

OP
OP
4x4man514

4x4man514

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Augusta,Georgia
Well I've been cycling the steering back and forth plus pumping the brakes for several weeks now. I haven't seen any bubbles in a while. Do yall think 1.5 qts was enough to fill it?

rocknhorse76

Contributor
Bronco owner since 1993 💪🏻
Loc.
Central WA
Well I've been cycling the steering back and forth plus pumping the brakes for several weeks now. I haven't seen any bubbles in a while. Do yall think 1.5 qts was enough to fill it?
You’re probably good to go. Run it and keep an eye on the fluid level.