• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Hydroboost help - TOFIC please :)

jesus888

Loc.
Atlanta, GA
So, we tried bleeding the brakes for about an hour, but we were not happy with the pedal feel... especially after bench bleeding the master cylinder.

We weren't convinced that the rod was pushing into the master cylinder.

SO we pulled the master cylinder back off of the hydroboost, only to notice that there is an obvious piece missing.

It looks like there needs to be a rod of some sort between the push rod (that connects to the brake pedal) and the master cylinder... and there is none. What is this rod and where/what to get?

We have a 78-79 Lincoln Continental hydroboost unit, and what I thought was a 78-79 Lincoln Continental master cylinder...

OP
OP
jesus888

jesus888

Loc.
Atlanta, GA
From some research, looks like we're missing a "pin" and a spring with a retainer of sorts... What can we ask for at the parts store?? At least, that they may have?

TOFIC

Bronco Wrencher and Fixer
Loc.
Redcliff Alberta
Dont you just love PO's scr*&^#p's?
Yes you are missing a piece, and like the guys say it is a small rod.
You can get this rod from ANY other ford type hydroboost setup. Look for one in the UJerk yard as the parts guys will give you the "deer in the headlights" look.
Also check the big rebuild kit on MBMbrakeboosters website, appears to me it may be part of that kit
Last resort is hydratech industries, he may have one and sell it to you.
Personally, get the part(s) from the UJerk yard.
TOFIC

OP
OP
jesus888

jesus888

Loc.
Atlanta, GA
Well, since the hydroboost and the master cylinder didn't come with the "actuator" (bought em both reman'd from o'reillys) we're on the hunt for one.

Our hydroboost is from a 78-79 Lincoln Continental. Can someone please let me know exactly which style pin we are looking for? Is it the pin, spring and retainer? is it just a pin?

Thanks!

TOFIC

Bronco Wrencher and Fixer
Loc.
Redcliff Alberta
mine came from a 74 mercury and it was a pin spring and retainer.
Like I said, hit the UJerk for it, only place to get it.
While your at it, get the wide brake pedal so you can do the shift and get that monster brake pedal.
let me know if you cant find I may have one in the spare parts box.
TOFIC

Mark

Contributor
Bronco Klutz
Loc.
NW Indiana
Well, since the hydroboost and the master cylinder didn't come with the "actuator" (bought em both reman'd from o'reillys) we're on the hunt for one.

Our hydroboost is from a 78-79 Lincoln Continental. Can someone please let me know exactly which style pin we are looking for? Is it the pin, spring and retainer? is it just a pin?

Thanks!

Salvage yard.
NO parts house will have them - ask me how I know %)
Push Rod, spring and retainer.
As detailed earlier, I made my own.

OP
OP
jesus888

jesus888

Loc.
Atlanta, GA
Well, TOFIC's gonna check and see what he has... I have so little time to get to a pick and pull during the week, and from what I know, a lot of the salvage yards are closed on weekends... Either way, if TOFIC can't find a setup, I'm gonna have to start calling around!