• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

WH Hydroboost Help Needed

OP
OP

69_ColdDuck

Closing the loop on this Hydroboost issue

Just to close this up and in the hopes it helps someone in the future, after removing the PS cooler from the system, it fixed the issue of the steering fluid overflowing the reservoir when the engine was turned off. After removing the cooler, I re-filled and bled the system. At start up, it sucked the reservoir down and I added about 4 ounces to keep fluid in the system. I bled by cycling left and right on the wheel several times and pressing the brakes between wheel turns, then went for a 30 minute drive. After shutting off the engine, there was no overflow, though the steering fluid did have a high volume of micro-air bubbles still leaving the system. I suspect that will continue for a while. Thanks everyone for your input.

Lt1Burb

You need to get rid of that tee you are running. I fought a similar problem on my 66 pontiac and couldn't get it to work. Everytime I turned engine off it would pour out of the power steering pump cap. I finally had to drill a hole in the pump housing and silver solder another fitting on there so I had 2 return lines to it. I have not had a problem since.

Attachments

• IMG_0767.jpg
    IMG_0767.jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 37
OP
OP

69_ColdDuck

Thank you LT1Burb. My issue was resolved, but I did think about getting a different pump with 2 returns. Good on you for creating your own. Cheers.