• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

hydroboost PS pump

bigmuddy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Marthasville Missouri
What is the application for running the saginaw with dual returns? It would also need to be for a 5.0 serpentine pulley.

thanks!

lodnirgs

Loc.
Louisiana
I used the PS pump and Hydroboost from a 78 Lincoln Town Car. This pump is a saginaw pump with two returns. On my 5.0 HO I used the PS pump bracket from a 91? Ford E-350 which had a 351 5.8L engine. I had to grind quite a bit of the bracket's out side circumference to clearance the PS gearbox. It works very well. I also installed a radiator with the hose attactments set up for a 5.0 conversion. This places the lower hose very close to the the PS pulley. I could not find a single hose that attaches to the water pump and to the lower radiator, so I used ends from two hoses and joined them with a piece of aluminum tubing. Since the PS pulley was very close to the lower hose, I had a custom pulley made to about 4 1/2" diameter and had it cut for a 6 rib serp. belt. It all works. The steering is so much better and the braking assit is much greater. This is a worthy modification. Good Luck

OP
OP
bigmuddy

bigmuddy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Marthasville Missouri
hydroboost master cylinder

Hey thanks Man, just what I was looking for! Going to napa tomorrow to order some stuff to get this done.

thanks ;D