• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

hydroboost vs wilwood booster

Nickm1024cobra

Loc.
Chicago Burbs
my last build i did a hydroboost. considering a wilwood setup due to space constraints with coyote.

does anyone have any real world experience driving both different setups?

Apogee

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Wilwood doesn't sell brake boosters...not sure what you're talking about.

If you're thinking about running manual brakes, that's not a "Wilwood" thing, but rather a matter of sizing your MC appropriately for the given system, i.e. pedal ratio, caliper piston area, pad CoF, rotor diameters, etc.

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
The Wilwood system you see at WH is just a Wilwood MC bolted to the regular eb booster and bracket.

stock orange

Same issue with my Coyote Build. I spoke with Wildwood and they suggested going with just a MC without any boost. I have not taken it on the road yet but
I have 4 wheel disc (not wildwood) and a Wildwood MC.

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
I have run manual 4 wheel disc for twenty years now.
No problem, except when you are sitting in traffic on an incline or decline it can get pretty hard to hold the eb still. Other than that I love it.
I will go hydro boost one day though.
I can't leave anything alone....

I will hug it and pet it.....of mice and men....lol

catfan

Contributor
I just did a hydrboost and moved it over 1" to clear the motor, also moved the push rod
to the other side of the pedal.

Zoomin

I’ve used manual Wilwood master on several cars and it’s not nearly as bad as most people would imagine it to be. Just get the right bore size (7/8 in most cases) and reposition the rod connection higher up on the pedal and you’ve got a brake system with great feel.

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
I'll say a Hydroboost will stop a freight train. But I don't like break boosters .
So you know where I'm come too.