• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

I got myself a Bronco

jeff_gates

I got myself a 1966 Bronco V8.

I pulled the carburetor to rebuild it and when I got to the jets they were a bear to get out, on inspection the threads on the carb are really messed up.

What would you do?

Thanks,
Jeff

67RT

Bronco Guru
Ditto. I had a perfect wide blade screwdriver and could not get the jets out. Tried everything.. Ended up ordering a rebuild and good old National Carburetor is taking 10-12 business days, so if you need one, don't go there..
Pictures? I tried to get a sweet 1966 Stroppe Clone six banger before I ended up with mine.. Dees it still have the single master cylinder?? That is the first thing I would change..

cldonley

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Robinson, TX
Welcome to the site! Try running a tap through the threads and see if they'll straighten up. If so, you can put in new jets with locktite and all will be well. If it isn't working out for you, check Summit for a new model. What type carb is it? And shoot us some pics of your new ride!

OP
OP
J

jeff_gates

Thanks,

I ordered a holly I hope it works out.

here are the pictures of it.

photo1_zps498ae010.jpg

photo2_zps8ddf1356.jpg

Last edited: