• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

I have been bitten by the SOB bug. A bunch of times.

mountainview68

Loc.
yet to be determined
Man, I am not sure about the rest of you, but I can't wait for SOB 9. I attended SOB 6, but sold my Bronco shortly after that. I bought a 68 last fall and have been getting it ready for the last year. I can't wait to get out on the sand. 8 days and counting.

crab

Bronco Guru
Go put that thing back in the ditch where you found it newbie ;D
I think you meant STOLE it, not found it. Let's see some specs on that cream puff..............or is that cat staying in the bag for another 8 days :-X

SaddleUp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
So... Have you signed up for Friday's trail runs then? I currently have 23 rigs signed up with room for a few more.

Bronco Sport

Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW Portland, Oregon
mountainview68 said:
Man, I am not sure about the rest of you, but I can't wait for SOB 9. I attended SOB 6, but sold my Bronco shortly after that. I bought a 68 last fall and have been getting it ready for the last year. I can't wait to get out on the sand. 8 days and counting.

This will be my first time, and I am really looking forward to it too! I've only had my '68 for a couple of years and wasn't able to make it last year.

Hey, Rick! Can you put me on the list for the Friday run, or is it too late? I'll be coming over after work on Thursday (around 6:00pm). I'll look for you and Dan..

-Ron

SaddleUp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
Bronco Sport said:
This will be my first time, and I am really looking forward to it too! I've only had my '68 for a couple of years and wasn't able to make it last year.

Hey, Rick! Can you put me on the list for the Friday run, or is it too late? I'll be coming over after work on Thursday (around 6:00pm). I'll look for you and Dan..

-Ron
Sure. You will be #24 on the list. http://broncofix.com/viewtopic.php?t=269674 We will be leaving from Sand Lake at 10:00 AM and will arrive at Lyda Camp at 11:00 AM. (It is just down the road from where we were camping over Memorial Day)

GoFastCrackPipe

Loc.
Salem area
Bronco Sport said:

-Ron

What time are you leaving on Thursday? I was planning on leaving that morning, but with some issues that have just come up I will most likely be leaving more towards the afternoon/evening.

Bronco Sport

Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW Portland, Oregon
GoFastCrackPipe said:
What time are you leaving on Thursday? I was planning on leaving that morning, but with some issues that have just come up I will most likely be leaving more towards the afternoon/evening.

Dan- I will be leaving around 5:00 or 6:00, my brother in-law will also be coming with his Bronco. He works over at Landmark Ford, so as soon as he can make it to my house after work we will leave. Do you still have the same cell number? I'll give you a call on Thursday.

GoFastCrackPipe

Loc.
Salem area
Bronco Sport said:
Dan- I will be leaving around 5:00 or 6:00, my brother in-law will also be coming with his Bronco. He works over at Landmark Ford, so as soon as he can make it to my house after work we will leave. Do you still have the same cell number? I'll give you a call on Thursday.

Yep, same number.

Yellow76

Hey Chad can't wait to see you there this year. I am struggling to get the rigs fixed, one prob after another it seems. Not sure if we will make the trail runs or not...gonna give it a shot though..see ya soon.

68 Broncoholic

Bronco Guru
Loc.
WA
Hey what time is everyone meeting up at Browns Camp Friday morning? Can you resend the directions to the trail head where you guys will be? I seemed to have missplaced it. I've never missed a SOB but... I'm purchasing another Bronco next week and will be short on cash, I hop to make it still. Will see, times a tickin and I can't pass up this rig for $1500 + my 2 stroke 500 quad which doesn't run. This Bronco has a 383 stroker motor, NP435, D20, BB9", D44 with discs, 4:56 gears with lockers F&R, 3.5" lift fiberglass front clip (hiniges backwards) 6 point cage, the body is straight but needs paint, rims & tires. I'll have picts soon!

SaddleUp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
68 Broncoholic said:
Hey what time is everyone meeting up at Browns Camp Friday morning? Can you resend the directions to the trail head where you guys will be? I seemed to have missplaced it. I've never missed a SOB but... I'm purchasing another Bronco next week and will be short on cash, I hop to make it still. Will see, times a tickin and I can't pass up this rig for $1500 + my 2 stroke 500 quad which doesn't run. This Bronco has a 383 stroker motor, NP435, D20, BB9", D44 with discs, 4:56 gears with lockers F&R, 3.5" lift fiberglass front clip (hiniges backwards) 6 point cage, the body is straight but needs paint, rims & tires. I'll have picts soon!
Post #6 above has the link to the information. We will be leaving Sand Lake at 10 AM and meeting up at Lyda Camp staging area at 11 AM where part of us will unload ours from trailers before we hit the trails. I figure it will take 45 or 50 minutes to get there and then another 20 minutes or so for everyone to get unloaded so there will be a little leeway there.

crab

Bronco Guru
O.K.
Chad asked me if I have signed up for the trail run on Friday. The only reason I haven't is that I'm not 100% sure I'll make it. I'll be pounding out ball joints tonight as well as replacing a bad spindle and bearings. Welding on my cage later tonight and fabricating some seat mounts ect. Then the cage goes to powdercoat tomorrow and install next Tuesday/Wednesday. I have a few leaks to take care of as well as a screaming PS pump an what ever else I find in there. If everything comes together as planned, I'll be there but don't want to knock somebody off the list that is for sure going to be there. SO count me in if there's room. If the list is full, and I get everytning back together, I'm still going to go up there and FIND somebody to wheel with.
Can't wait................ ;D
Crab

SaddleUp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
crab said:
O.K.
Chad asked me if I have signed up for the trail run on Friday. The only reason I haven't is that I'm not 100% sure I'll make it. I'll be pounding out ball joints tonight as well as replacing a bad spindle and bearings. Welding on my cage later tonight and fabricating some seat mounts ect. Then the cage goes to powdercoat tomorrow and install next Tuesday/Wednesday. I have a few leaks to take care of as well as a screaming PS pump an what ever else I find in there. If everything comes together as planned, I'll be there but don't want to knock somebody off the list that is for sure going to be there. SO count me in if there's room. If the list is full, and I get everytning back together, I'm still going to go up there and FIND somebody to wheel with.
Can't wait................ ;D
Crab
Rob, At this point we still have room for about 10 more. We are somewhat flexible on this though and will have room for more if everyone that volunteered to lead groups makes it so I'll go ahead and add you next time I update the list. I'm sure a couple of those currently on the list will be no shows as well. We are currently busting our backsides working on my brothers to get it ready and the worst case scenario is that he would need to lead a group as a passenger with someone else but I don't think that will be necessary. We are down to just details now. Finish the EFI installation, add a line for the Hydroboost, finish the rear wheel wells, install the rear seat, shorten the front driveline, etc. We have enough that we will probably still be working on little things Thursday when he gets out there but nothing major that would keep him from running.

GoFastCrackPipe

Loc.
Salem area
Hey Rob, do you have any frame tie-in's ready to go? Any for a 1" body lift? If so, could you bring a set to SOB?

With some of the things that have come up in the last week for me, there is no way I'm going to be able to complete any of the things I wanted to get done... no new suspension, no full width axles, no new tires,... :mad:
But after SOB I will have all the time in the world... I hate it when stuff comes up at the last minute.

SaddleUp, I'm still going to go on the trail run, but I may have to take it pretty easy... I don't fully trust my ball joints and I think one of my u-joints might be on it's way out. Is anyone going to have an extra seat? It might work out better if I just park my bronco and ride with someone else.

SaddleUp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
GoFastCrackPipe said:
Hey Rob, do you have any frame tie-in's ready to go? Any for a 1" body lift? If so, could you bring a set to SOB?

With some of the things that have come up in the last week for me, there is no way I'm going to be able to complete any of the things I wanted to get done... no new suspension, no full width axles, no new tires,... :mad:
But after SOB I will have all the time in the world... I hate it when stuff comes up at the last minute.

SaddleUp, I'm still going to go on the trail run, but I may have to take it pretty easy... I don't fully trust my ball joints and I think one of my u-joints might be on it's way out. Is anyone going to have an extra seat? It might work out better if I just park my bronco and ride with someone else.
If you are coming down Thursday then we may be able to look at the ball joints and u-joints. I don't have a ball joint press but the u-joints don't take much time to replace. With a ball joint press those don't take too awfully long either.

Awnrie69

Loc.
Salem, Or
SaddleUp - have you decided which trails you were going to run out there? What types of trails were you looking at? I am still debating about going on the trail run. I really want to go but...

SaddleUp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
Awnrie69 said:
SaddleUp - have you decided which trails you were going to run out there? What types of trails were you looking at? I am still debating about going on the trail run. I really want to go but...
I have a good idea of which ones I will run but I'm leaving it up to the others what trails they do. I'll let them know what difficulty level and let them decide from there. We have a big enough group that we will be able to break them up by difficulty level so it will pretty much be up to you what type of stuff you go on. I think my brother will be leading the mild group since we are not sure yet how his EB will run out. We initially planned to get it out Sunday but he isn't close enough yet. Hopefully we will be able to drive it out of the garage tomorrow but it still has a number of little things to finish up after that. Shall I go ahead and add you to the list?

Awnrie69

Loc.
Salem, Or
not sure at this point... As much as I would like to.. If by chance there is room for my daughter and I to ride that might be a beter option. The front end should be good to go tomorrow... with any luck..