• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

I have given up....

MontrealBronco

Loc.
Montreal, Quebec
Bronco Ben said:
I didnt see any rivet or screws in the primer bronco flares, what kinda flares are those? thanks
Bronco Ben

They came with it but I think they're Duff's. Rivets are there, I just painted them with the flare. They camouflage themselves rather nicely, even up close...

Jeff

OP
OP
P

paint669

Loc.
maryland
you guys are just assholes, i have looked all over the web including jeff's graveyard, local papers, this site, bronco hut, collector car trader, and I have found plenty of nice ones in my price range, but I am looking for a very specific type of bronco, one that i dont have to do much work to, to make it my dream bronco. Why the heck would I care to seek attention on a forum. Get a life. Not only that, but I did visit that black bronco, its about 10 minutes from me, but it is covered with rust spots and rips in the body. It is also louder then any human being would want to endure. Its just not what im looking for

73stallion

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Eugene, OR
dude, a friend of mine has a restored one for sale out here in california if you want to come this far. it has no rust at all, and no part on the truck has more than 30,000 miles on it. this thing is so clean it'll make you sick. let me know if you want details, i have five pages of specs on it.:cool:

trailpsycho

Bronco Guru
WOW! Hey man, we get all types here...another niche is filled with you as well. Try not to be too sensitive; we are all proud of our trucks, we take enough crap from our spouses, friends, parents and other non-believers about our vehicles to have someone claim that there is something wrong with one of our "pets". Flames down everyone. Perhaps, Paint669, you should try to convey what you are looking for in more detail and we can be of greater assistance. My dream Bronco is mine--running well and looking better than it does now. Either way, its mine...with my sweat, skin and hair mysteriously wedged in various crevices and nooks from conquests attempted, follies and victories....and while my opinion is worthless in most 3rd world countries including Texas....I would agree with a few of the others here and say that you can probably find 75% of what you are looking for for alot less than 14K and then spend the other 5-6K finishing it as you wish. I am not so sure that one man's vision/passion for their truck could ever completely allign with another man's "dream". Good luck in finding your rainbow, but its easier to mix your own colors.

Jeepster

Bronco Guru
trailpsycho said:
WOW! .....and while my opinion is worthless in most 3rd world countries including Texas....

;D

Guys...the guy just wants to turn the key and go. He dont want to build. ( frankly if i had the cash, I would too. ) So lets everybody take a breath and help this guy spend his money.;) ;D

raleigh_bronco

Bronco Guru
paint669 said:
you guys are just assholes, i have looked all over the web including jeff's graveyard, local papers, this site, bronco hut, collector car trader, and I have found plenty of nice ones in my price range, but I am looking for a very specific type of bronco, one that i dont have to do much work to, to make it my dream bronco. Why the heck would I care to seek attention on a forum. Get a life. Not only that, but I did visit that black bronco, its about 10 minutes from me, but it is covered with rust spots and rips in the body. It is also louder then any human being would want to endure. Its just not what im looking for

yeah, you've figured me out... i am an asshole :'(

weps

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Switzerland
lil' hotz jr. said:
after actually "looking" for a bronco for me, we found one in 3 weeks. love ya daddy!. i think he found it on here.

last i remember, you were taking some time off from the bronco work. are you back to it?

66horse

Bronco Guru
Hey bro, dont give up. I understand the want to get exactly what you are looking for. The guys are jsut giving you a hard time here, just ignore them. I hope you find the one you want. Keep looking, it is out there.

lil' hotz jr.

Loc.
Knob Noster, MO
weps said:
last i remember, you were taking some time off from the bronco work. are you back to it?

the bronco work is never done. i need to rebuild my carb. it's making my truck run REALLY bad. hurting my checkbook with the gas to mention. darn thing

U

Unregistered

I prefer the term "Rectal Donut" its more.. um... right.. than just plain a##hole.

supermottl

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Indian Harbour Bch,
Paint669, just keep looking, It's all meant to be.
Most people here are building broncos from the ground up, so that's why you keep hearing folks say "just build it to your liking". Which is fine. There are also opportunists here looking to sell theirs for a penny or two...
Like I said, I looked for a pretty long time and lucked out... it's been a great ride so far...

74bronc

Bronco Guru
Check out http://www.collectorcartraderonline.com/adsearch.html
if you already haven't. I just did a search and it came back with more than 200 hits for 1966-1977 broncos, the maximum it will display. the majority are in your price range. With 14K to drop on an EB, you should be willing to travel to get the right one. I would especially look for rust-free ones in the Southwest. Why don't you post a list of "specifics" in your ideal truck.

Bronco Sport

Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW Portland, Oregon
Jeepster said:
;D

Guys...the guy just wants to turn the key and go. He dont want to build. ( frankly if i had the cash, I would too. ) So lets everybody take a breath and help this guy spend his money.;) ;D

Here's a turn key by my house, no work needed! 1969 uncut, 302 two owner car with 50,000 actual miles, one time repaint of original color, standard three speed transmission, rust free body and very straight.

http://www.memorylaneclassiccars.com/1969bronco/1969_ford_bronco

supermottl

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Indian Harbour Bch,
Bronco Sport said:
Here's a turn key by my house, no work needed! 1969 uncut, 302 two owner car with 50,000 actual miles, one time repaint of original color, standard three speed transmission, rust free body and very straight.

http://www.memorylaneclassiccars.com/1969bronco/1969_ford_bronco

I know they didn't say it, but it's not 100% original with that bulkhead behind the bench seat and the steel hard top on it. Thye didn't come like that I'm pretty sure..., but still nice, none-th-less