• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

I love spending $100 shipping $300 sheet metal.

OP
OP
B

backpain

Bronco Guru
yes EB panels. Even "close"-r vendors part price vs shipping difference does not help much on the total bill.

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
YEP that shipping thing keeps me at bay alot of times:eek:....wish this could be done a better way..:eek:

Broncobowsher

Total hack
Wait until you see that $100 in shipping includes dents, dings, and a mystery crease. Hopefully not a set of tire tread prints.

fordguy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
i have paid almost 50 dollars twice in the last month on less than 100 dollars sheet metal

JefeAZ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tucson
Make friends with a Discount Tire manager and they will let you use their ground shipping account with UPS at half price :) Had 4 tires shipped for $104 I won on ebay. UPS store wanted $280

OP
OP
B

backpain

Bronco Guru
Make friends with a Discount Tire manager and they will let you use their ground shipping account with UPS at half price :) Had 4 tires shipped for $104 I won on ebay. UPS store wanted $280

I can do same, but vendors often have their process and carriers, etc

78Scronco

Bronco Guru
that's the reason I still do not have a new bed panel. its fairly cheap $159 but hsipping was over $200.

NicksTrix

Bronco Guru
until you have the time and can drive there pick it up and drive back cheaper than it is to ship you are stuck unfortunetly. something we all contend with.

00gyrhed

Bronco Guru
I used a hood that needed some work and I paid too much for it just because shipping would have more than doubles what I paid for the slightly damaged hood. :)

Its always something.

OP
OP
B

backpain

Bronco Guru
factor in time, fuel depreciation etc and you can get past $2/minute pretty quick on drive time