• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

I need a fuel tank selector valve & replacing brake lines

Bronco Sport

Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW Portland, Oregon
What's the best vendor/parts store to buy a fuel tank selector valve from? I'm replacing my fuel tanks, all fuel lines, tank selector valve, and new electric fuel pump.

I'm also replacing all brake lines, but not sure what route to go. Should I buy the pre-bent lines with fittings or should I buy the straight brake lines, bend them to match the old lines, cut, and flare the ends?

Thanks!

Rustytruck

Bronco Guru
Dont replace the valve replace the oring under the cap the surrounds the shaft.

Steve83

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Memphis, TN, USA, Earth, Milky Way
I'm replacing my fuel tanks, all fuel lines, tank selector valve, and new electric fuel pump.
Why, exactly? Carb or EFI? Put ALL the truck's details in your signature so you don't have to remember it every time you need to ask a question. Rusty's signature is a good example, but the caption under this diagram explains more:

(The diagram itself does NOT apply to vehicles older than 1981.)

The "best" tank selector valve for your particular application depends on how you have the truck set up, and what you want to accomplish. This shows a few configurations with electric fuel pumps, and the caption explains more:

SHX669

Bronco Guru
We all have our favorite {best }vendors so i won't go there but since you live in Portland Or - depending on how soon you want your parts if you order from a West Coast Vendor you'll get em way sooner. I get my orders the next day from an "Oregon Vendor " and it takes 2 days to get them from Central California and the last few i've gotten from the "East " have taken 10 days to get.

Rustytruck

Bronco Guru
I don't remember the size. I had to take the valve out and put it in a vise and then unscrew the cap. I took the pieces to the auto parts to get the right size.