• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

I need direction..

fabster54

Loc.
Powder Springs,GA
Due to the economic times and situation im in, i need to head in a differant direction.. i have a 74 eb .. rear fenders cut.. 3'' body lift ,302efi from a 91 mustang, c4, bb9'', d44 , all stock.. i thinkin of going with the 2.5 lift and a 1'' or 2'' body lift and running 33's or maybe 34'' ltb's ( really 33.6'' i think) it will be multi purpose rig.. probably get a locker for the rear too... basically drivng around town and to the trails.. i guess what im asking is this the best bang for my buck option ? i figured 2.5'' lift so i wont have replace driveshafts and steering angles wont be to bad.. i got body work to do too but i plan on doing everything myself but painting it.. is anybody wheeling a 2.5'' lift ?? i dont see alot of them on here... pics would be great.. thanks for the help !!!!

ken75ranger

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Troy, NY
I ran a 2.5 inch lift and a 1 inch body lift for a few years. No problem fitting 33's. I wheeled it fairly hard and had no issues.

ep67bro

Contributor
Bronco Junky
Loc.
Easton, MD
This is a 73 with 2.5" lift 33x 12.50 R15. on a 10" wide wheel. I have not wheeled this truck but the tires would most likley rub. If you add a 1" or 2" inch body lift you should be good to go.

Attachments

• 73sidenow.JPG
    73sidenow.JPG
    20.3 KB · Views: 33

cgbexec

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Naples, FL
1) Cut and flare the front.
2) 2.5" suspesion lift
3) 33" Tires
4) Change gears to 4.10:1
5) Locker in the rear

That is a good start! I don't think you need the body lift to clear 33s. If you go 34s or 35s you may need it.

OP
OP
fabster54

fabster54

Loc.
Powder Springs,GA
You guys do exist !!! all nice eb's.. i dont feel so bad about going budget bronco now.. 70 steve do you have any tire rubbing issues with those 35's ??

70_Steve

Old Guy
70 steve do you have any tire rubbing issues with those 35's ??
Very slight. Will catch the front of the rear wheel well on full stuff. But it still goes. I have tire marks on the inside of the rear wheelwells. Could be taken care of with a BFH. I'm chose (am chosing) to go up another 2 inches...:p

OP
OP
fabster54

fabster54

Loc.
Powder Springs,GA
Maybe i will just keep my current body lift and run 35's .. not many people seem to run more than a 2 in body lift .. other than being more top heavy is there any other reason for most not running more than a 2'' BL ??

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
Bronco have done it all..Mine has 16's and 1inch on top of the stock bodys ... now I do have 3 inch front spring and smashing it down with a 4 BT Cummins ...So just give it a try .''No two are every the same " That why I like to look at yours, While your looking at my girlfriend, I mean my Bronco!!!