• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

I need help with fuel lines....Anyone...

RKM

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Huntingtown, MD
Ok I went to my fathers house to work on my rig. I figured out the emergency brake cables. I worked on the clutch assembly. I am still stumped on the fuel lines. I have all kinds of metal lines that I have no clue where the go or how they attach to the frame. I know some are fuel evaperator lines for emissions. I think I eliminated those. But I am not clear on what metal line goes where on the frame from the back of the rig to the front. I do have an aux tank.

Would any of you guys have a picture of the frame rail that showed these lines under the rig. It would be great to see it coming into the engine compartment to the fuel pump. I am not sure on the path it takes to get around everything.

I have an old ford build book that has 5 or 6 volumes it goes through the build of all the trucks and even the bronco. The diagrams in it are drawn and are not very clear. If I could get some pictures it would be O so helpful.

I am at the point that I may run a rubber fuel line for the time being, and maybe replace it with a braded one.

Thanks
RKM

ken75ranger

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Troy, NY
I don't have any pics but it's not too hard.
1 metal line( the large one about 5/16) comes out of the rear fuel tank. Runs along the frame until it ends under the valve on the driver's floor riser. A rubber line connects the fuel line to the valve.
The second line is all rubber. It comes of the aux tank and into the valve.
The valve has 3 ports. the side that has 2 ports are the inlet. The single is the outlet.
A rubber line goes from the outlet of the valve to the front hard line.
The last hard line starts a little forward of the valve. It runs along the side of the frame until it passes the firewall. Then it goes on top of the frame until it ends a few inches short of the fuel pump. From there a rubber line attaches to the fuel pump.

OP
OP
RKM

RKM

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Huntingtown, MD
Thanks for the rundown. I have the basic concept of the whole thing. I just cant figure out what end of the metal line is what. They have all kinds of bends and what not. I put it in there all kinds of ways and it still doesn't look correct. It also don't help when I have all the other lines for the emissions stuff in there also. I took 2 out that I knew were for emissions. It's just 2 of them have all sorts of bends in them and I can't figure out the path. Thanks for the reply though.....

I was looking to see that maybe someone had a frame off resto picture that still had the lines attached.

Mr Joe

Bronco Guru
I'm learning these things along with you....Mine appears to have a return line coming from the supply line after the fuel pump. I'm not sure where it's going, I'm guessing back to the valve??

OP
OP
RKM

RKM

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Huntingtown, MD
OMG you are like 15 minutes from my house. I almost live in Dunkirk MD. Are you putting your EB together? Or is it running. I bought mine in pieces. It was literaly an empty shell on a frame. And I had no clue on where everything went. I would love to get together and look over your rig.;D It would help me out a ton.

Mr Joe

Bronco Guru
RKM said:
OMG you are like 15 minutes from my house. I almost live in Dunkirk MD. Are you putting your EB together? Or is it running. I bought mine in pieces. It was literaly an empty shell on a frame. And I had no clue on where everything went. I would love to get together and look over your rig.;D It would help me out a ton.

Cool...I just moved over here from St Leonard... I've just finished everything for the MD inspection and hope to get tags tomorrow... I've spend 2 months just to get it on the road. It needs a bunch more work. I'd be happy to bring her over after I get tags...;D

OP
OP
RKM

RKM

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Huntingtown, MD
YEAAAaaaa, great. I checked out your web site. Your EB looks cool. You don't need an inspection it's a 73. All you need to do is take the title to the MVA and have classic tags put on it. That is what I am told atleast. My dad has a 78 CJ5 and that's what he did. You might want to call the inspection place first. I don't want to point you in the wrong direction.

OP
OP
RKM

RKM

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Huntingtown, MD
I just wanted to post a picture of my rig I am working on.

Thanks
RKM

Attachments

• outside dads house drivers side.jpg
    outside dads house drivers side.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 136
OP
OP
RKM

RKM

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Huntingtown, MD
At least it looks good. I still have to recover the seats. I have the new stock covers for the front and back. I even have the arm rests. They are parchment. I think I am going to sell the kit and get black. It's a shame pecause I know I won't get what they are worth and they are still boxed. I still also need to finish the electrical. The Alt, and starter are still not in, nor is the exhaust. I what to get rid of the wheels and tires also. I also want to get some gear at the Speed Unlimited Sale. Maybe some lockers also. I attached a picture of what it looked like 3 weeks before this. This is the day after I picked it up. A shell on wheels. And a ton of boxes of parts, and coffie cans full of screws.;D

Attachments

• day after.jpg
    day after.jpg
    122.7 KB · Views: 91

Mr Joe

Bronco Guru
LOL...Mine had the same wheels!!;D I got tags today so maybe sometime soon I can run it over for you to look at.