• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

I need insurance! Who should I use?

ObscureMachine

Seatbelt Orifice Officer
Loc.
World Headquarters
I just have liability on the bronco. And, it's not garaged at the moment (we can all thank Katrina for that). I want to get full coverage on it to protect against theft or damage. Most classic insurance places I've seen won't cover it if it's been modified (mine's lifted and has large tires) or if it's not garaged.

Any suggestions? Who will insure it when it's not garaged? It is parked out of sight, and it does have 7 different theft deterrant / prevention devices on it.

Thanks for your help!

Heus33

Bronco Guru
Good luck - I couldnt find any that would insure mine for more than liability unless I agreed that it would only be driven to and from shows.

...rediculous.

airman

Contributor
Bronco Guru
It helps if you have a professional appraisal to submit with your application.

I bet its hard to get any insurance in NO right now. All classic policies that I've seen are for limited use (3000 miles or less annually). Try Met Life.

COBlu77

Loc.
Arvada, CO
Farmer's just acquired a classic car insurer and they covered mine up to 20k for less than the liability was costing me before. My agent just had me list everything in mine and he took a few pictures. There are no special exclusions. If you check online with Kelly Blue Book they value them pretty darn high. Mine was around 19k on Kelly.

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
I have good policies on mine for cheap but they have to be garaged, but other than that no restrictions and yours would definitely qualify BUT it needs to be garaged. I have American National.

BCH BRCO

Try Haggerty. I'm limited to 2000 miles a year and only pay around $200 buck a year for the policy.

Beach Bronco

Big One

Loc.
Bartlesville, Ok
I've got Hagerty on 2 cars, $64,000 worth of coverage, no appraisal, no deductible and very very liberal on the miles theat can be put on. $704 a year. One is stock and one is modified.