• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

I need photos of the Wild Horses extreme power steering pump installed

casadejohnson

Bronco Alchemist
If you have photos please post them up. The pump housing has been changed since the installation instructions were produced. You have to use provided washers to shim the pump in the Explorer power steering bracket and I'm not 100% sure if they go at the front or the back of the pump. I think it will make a difference in how the pulley lines up if its shimmed the wrong way.

OP
OP
casadejohnson

casadejohnson

Bronco Alchemist
I think I have it figured out. Instead of individual spacers, I have 15 washers that came with it. its hard to get the washers to stay stacked in place together while pivoting the pump into place. I just spray glued them all together in stacks and I'll try to squeeze it all together once the glue dries.