• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

I need to pick a path for Bronco Sale

Sam

So, I have this Bronco.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/2bavfu3g3z9r1wl/AAAH1jKrfEDElXTBxRhCeutea?dl=0

And I would value y'alls opinion, I see three main paths to sell it.

1 - As-is to a professional. Someone who is going snatch it on a rollback, blow it apart the first week they own it, put it back together professionally with the best of the best parts, and I'll enjoy knowing it went to the next owner "perfect".

2 - As-is to a consumer.

3 - "Drivable/barely" to a consumer. Put in a gas tank, lines, fuel pump, probably a carb, tires, radius rod bushings, clean it up, and sell it to someone who will make it a little better every weekend for many years. Is the effort/expense to make it "running/dangerously drivable" worth the delta price over options 1 and 2?

I care about my time, and the Bronco is in storage two hours away. I live where I can't do anything major at home, and I'm out of parking. I've attempted to hang up wrenches ten years ago.

So, if Option 3 nets me $4k over 1 or 2, I'd probably still go with Option 1 for the clean transaction.

The heart of my question... Some of these should be rebuilt from the VIN up with as many new parts as possible. Some should be kept running as is. Some should be refurbished with as many original parts retained as possible. And I can't look at this and tell which category is appropriate!!!

Really clueless and so far out of the market on vehicles particularly Broncos, and I'd value heartfelt advice!

THANKS
Sam

P.S. LOL, joined 20 years ago, and three posts in that time!

71 CA Bronco

Looks like a really cool Bronco Sam. I don't think you will have a tough time selling as is. If it were me I would try to keep it in the family somehow. I always regretted selling my old Bronco that I dated my wife in. She missed it too. Good luck either way you go.

fordguy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
if you want to see it preserved, sell it right here on this site as is. a "professional" will low ball you and not keep it original. choose your path wisely, but sounds like you really need to find a way to keep it. BTW. i think option 2 or 3 if you sell.

EB70

Keep it. If you have to sell that, I would sell it here on this site. Most people have a clue about Broncos and I think you could find it a good home here by an enthusiast. Keep it if you can. Can you pay someone a couple of grand to get it going?

OP
OP
S

Sam

I should have made clear, there is no positive sentiment associated with it. I'm just tired of paying storage and hope to figure out the highest yield exit.

I'll return PM's tomorrow THANKS.

fatboy

Contributor
Glad to be here.
Loc.
New Hampshire
Figure out what you want to get out of it and post it on the for sale here. It will sell. Good luck!

Looking at the pictures, it looks pretty clean. A bath will help go a long way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brianz426

Looks like a really nice original Bronco, I’m sure someone on here would love to have it and would appreciate the originality.

HuskyNut

The most valuable commodity we have is "our time". Post it for sale on this site. It will more likely go to someone who will appreciate it more than CrackList or FeeBay.

Just my 2-cents worth...;)

OP
OP
S

Sam

Thank you for all the advice and understanding. Bronco has been sold a to forum member, who will likely reveal himself once it is in his possession.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Sam I think you should keep that thing.. if you don't make the price HIGH and go down from there...

You may regret selling later.. :(