• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

I Passed!!

dmeier

Loc.
Comfort, TX
Yep. You can all congratulate. Today I passed the dreaded Texas Inspect process. I have seen alot of threads talking about it, and I might be apart of an elite few. Post if you have passed, how many Texans walk these glorious thread with me?

Attachments

• P7140118 [640x480].JPG
    P7140118 [640x480].JPG
    72 KB · Views: 44

mlaird

Loc.
Houston,TX
i just registered mine as an antique so it doesnt have to be inspected. i only drive it to cruise around town though

BronCowie

Contributor
Old Timer
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
Congrats dude!

I recently passed the Orygun test. Go on-line, make the ePayment, wait a few days for the tags to show up in the mail box, stick 'em on the plates. :-*

ET

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Mine passed every time even w/ horn button on the dash. It's only a safety inspection. I'm going w/ antique so I don't have to jack w/ it.

Eugene

aaronmichorn

Loc.
Taylorsville
North Carolina took me 6 months - No joke - Working 4-5 hours per week on it.

Nothing to do with mechanical work. It was all paperwork and filing forms. I had the Hwy Patrol at my house on three different occasions for different inspections. Ended up with a lawyer calling the DMV on a three way call to finally get it straightened out.

Seems I bought the car in GA which doesn't title cars over 30 years old, and then i brought the car to NC without registering it in GA first. This dumped me into the stolen car category of the NC DMV - even though i had a bill of sale from a dealership.

I actually went though the entire process twice, because after everything was done the first time, the VIN number wouldn't enter into the computer system because it was too short, so I had to fill out another form for a new number. When I received the new number it voided my old number as well as all the paperwork and inspections that had previously been filled out. I also had to reapply for insurance and indemnity bonds.

This still gets my blood pumping after 3 years. It was the stupidest waste of my tax money that I have even seen. But you could not argue with them. You just had to do it their way - Twice. I kept trying to do it the right and moral way, instead of using one of those sell me your title places to get it registered.

broncotime

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Grapevine, Texas
I've passed mine for the last several years with no problems at all. Last year I went to Antique tags and happily scraped the inspection sticker off the window. All inspection stations are not the same. I have a full hydro trail rig and was told by one guy he would pass it no problems. I don't use it on the road, so I didn't bother.

Congrats on passing, now in 12 months, you get to do it again:)

SWFLABRONCO

Loc.
Cape Coral, Fl
Man I love living in Florida. I registered mine yesterday as an antique and the only question they asked was whether I wanted a standard white or blue "antique" license plate.

Dan's73

Bronco Guru
I've had about a 70% first-attempt success rate getting my '73 through the AZ emissions test. Every time, despite my feelings about having to do it in the first place, it's like a small victory as I roll out with the "Passed" paperwork so I can finish registering the old horse.