• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

I should spend more time under the beast

Broncobowsher

Total hack
Was under the Bronco looking for the best way to mount up the rear ABS sensor (another story for another day if it even works) when I started looking at everything else.

Found the monster motor mounts don’t do much good unless there are bolts attaching them to the block. One was missing, another about ready to come out. That was on the drivers side mount.
Then took a peak at the exhaust, tightened up a few nuts there.
Removed the gas tank retaining strap and straightened it. Still need to make a skidplate for that.
Added a few more zip ties to keep things as nice as possible.
Put a grease zerk back into the front driveshaft to replace the one I shaved off back in November.
Good news is the transfer case doesn’t have any leaks still and the new fuel filter is still clean.
I also finished modifying the offroad lights and got them installed, but the final wiring still needs work. Right now the switching is done with a quickly rigged speaker wire coming off the relay into the cab and an alligator clip. I just had to make sure they worked. Now to find a switch that I like and do the final installation.
The bummer was when I went to reinstall the steering stabilizer that broke off back in December. The nut galled up on the stud and the stud broke off. Now I need to go out and get a new stabilizer.
I should go find the grease gun and do some of that service work as work as well, maybe even put that quart of oil in it to top it off too.

TOFIC

Bronco Wrencher and Fixer
Loc.
Redcliff Alberta
Broncobowsher said:
Was under the Bronco looking for the best way to mount up the rear ABS sensor (another story for another day if it even works) when I started looking at everything else.

Found the monster motor mounts don’t do much good unless there are bolts attaching them to the block. One was missing, another about ready to come out. That was on the drivers side mount.
Then took a peak at the exhaust, tightened up a few nuts there.
Removed the gas tank retaining strap and straightened it. Still need to make a skidplate for that.
Added a few more zip ties to keep things as nice as possible.
Put a grease zerk back into the front driveshaft to replace the one I shaved off back in November.
Good news is the transfer case doesn’t have any leaks still and the new fuel filter is still clean.
I also finished modifying the offroad lights and got them installed, but the final wiring still needs work. Right now the switching is done with a quickly rigged speaker wire coming off the relay into the cab and an alligator clip. I just had to make sure they worked. Now to find a switch that I like and do the final installation.
The bummer was when I went to reinstall the steering stabilizer that broke off back in December. The nut galled up on the stud and the stud broke off. Now I need to go out and get a new stabilizer.
I should go find the grease gun and do some of that service work as work as well, maybe even put that quart of oil in it to top it off too.

Saturday night chores along with the six pack right??
(6 pack of Coke of course, Bronco drivers DONT drink and drive)

TOFIC

OP
OP
Broncobowsher

Broncobowsher

Total hack
Doesn't have to be coke, it was sitting in the garage and I didn't go anywhere.

elemetal

Loc.
Oakland, CA
Funny how a minor inspection creates a list of "must remember to do " list. I can't tell you the number of times I slide under there for one reason or another and come out thinking about 4 link rears and an exhaust re-route (and an nv4500 for that matter). ;D