• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

I think I have found the #1 coined phrase of the 21st century in Bronco advertising

Mac2Night

Bronco Guru
"Barn Find"!!!!!!!!

Every Bronco posting down to a paperclip sales ad states that it is a barn find. Now, I know for a fact that there a lot of barns out there with hidden treasures (BajaFresh has most of them) and I found a nice EB back in August in a wood shed/barn, but every eBay cruiser, CL shopper feels like they have to list that their item for sale is a barn find. I am to the point that if I see that in the title or in the first two lines, I move on because it generally is a turd on a stick that they think will sell better if you found it in a dusty, dirty old barn. Half of the barn finds listed look like the barn was without a roof or had collapsed in on the Bronco. There aren't enough barns in the world to house all the stuff people have for sale these days.

Sorry, just a rant that I had to get off my chest. It has just been one of those days.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Yeah, and the Bronco was probably used to push the barn over in the first place, before it was parked on top of it!
I thought you were going to say "rust-free" was the overused phrase when I read the title, but I'd have to agree with you on this.

Paul

Joker11

Loc.
Yuma, Arizona
Kind of like there being more cars of a certain build than the manufacturers actually made. Apply to Chevelle SS, Corvette Stingray, Shelby Mustangs and of course Broncos of any variation.
I am not hung up on all of that stuff. So what if my chevelle is not an SS. It is still mine, paid for, badass and rare. My bronco may not be a Stroppe or Sport or Ranger edition, but I can drive it offroad and on the street and enjoy the crap out of it. How much fun can it be to own a vehicle you are afraid to drive due to rarity, insurance, resale value or whatever. I have No respect for the trailer queens. I dont see the fun in that. I ride my motorcycle all over the country. I don't tow it to some place cool and then ride around like I am a king kewl biker.

So I am with you on the barn find trend. Fast and loud pushes that just as much as pickers dudes.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Amen brother, I think it's almost like the whole gas Monkeyed hype as well, driving our prices up.

Bronco Junkie

So Cal Broncos
That is funny. Here in LA you don't see barn find listed in CL ads....but what you do see is "rust free" all the time. Gimmie 20 seconds...and I will find you some rust!!

hyghlndr

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Hockessin, Delaware
Unfortunately "barn find" now belongs to the same category as "all original“ or even rarer the Bronco with removable hardtop or convertible version.;)

The one and only time I posted a barn find here it truly was. An incredible untouched survivor complete with original paint and tires, had not left the barn in 30 years.

thesnake

Bronco Guru
My 73 was truly a barn find, and "rare" as well. Of course it was a turd on a stick lol I have less rust on my 66 and it was a snowplow for 42 years lol

John

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
I'd bet most of the TV "barn finds" are staged. Ironically the most recent real barn find was Fast 'n Loud finding the numbers 1 and 2 Firebirds. And this made the news!

The next one I "flip" I will paint purple and advertise it as a "Barney Find". %)

Last edited:

roundhouse

Bronco Guru
If I see barn find in the ad. I just skip to the next one

That just means its overpriced

Our latest purchase was a pasture find
But since the pasture was in the desert, it's rust free