• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

I want to get rid of my inverted Y steering

jeffncs

Contributor
Loc.
Raleigh, NC
Check out any 3-way adjustable set-up from the vendors. I bought from WH, but all have kits... Another option to consider would be one of those heim joint set-ups. Price is about the same between the 2.

Check legality of the heim joints on the road, if you have any inspection concerns... That was the driver for my decision to go with the 3-way upgrade over the heims.

Jeff

Hogback

If you ever do any moderate or heavier wheeling, you really should get a stronger than stock steering set up. I need to improve mine, every time I do any wheeling I have to come back and straighten out my ties rod, the stockers tend to bend like a pretzel.
BCB actually sells the heim setup $30 cheaper than the stock setup.
If you cant use heims because of legal issues, I think there is a heavier system (using F150 ??) with ball joints that would be worth looking into.

bigmuddy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Marthasville Missouri
I have a homebuilt job with DOM tube tapped for the Chevy TRE's and it works great! basically it's the same thing that completeoffroad sells.

Ben