• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

ICON Derelict Roadster

LUBr LuvR

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Funny I just watched this and was going to post it up. Neat video, but probably not high on recommended safety features as promoted on CB. Some decent air with no roll cage:eek: Yes his builds have great upgrades to the suspension, but would the newbie that just bought an old truck know the difference? Can just see someone new to four wheel drives taking off and thinking it’s a good idea.....

chuck1022

Contributor
"Can just see someone new to four wheel drives taking off and thinking it’s a good idea"

Personal responsibility.

LUBr LuvR

Contributor
Bronco Guru
"Can just see someone new to four wheel drives taking off and thinking it’s a good idea"

Personal responsibility.

Which these days is right up there with the ever elusive common sense%)

No Hay

Bronco Guru
Good video. The first picture with the wild Mustangs all running in line would be neat in the calendar.

green61bug

Contributor
Loc.
Greensboro
While I don't mind idiots trying out for the Darwin Awards, I am much less happy if they wreck an early Bronco doing it.

I understand that but it would also kind ruin the look and idea behind that particular bronco to add a roll cage to it. I imagine the owner is a collector of some sort and has driven plenty of cars of different styles and variations.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Ole mean gene was on top of it..

never hurts to bring to top :D

duffymahoney

Contributor
Bronco Guru
So cool, I bet it's a blast to drive, then you don't have to worry about paint so much.

tirewater

Loc.
San Francisco Bay Area
It certainly did not look like a comfortable ride. I thought one of the purposes of going with the Art Morrison chassis was improved driving manners - in the video it looks like Jonathan is getting pummeled.

Anyway, kudos to Icon for doing the shoot and raising the values of our trucks. :)

Funny I just watched this and was going to post it up. Neat video, but probably not high on recommended safety features as promoted on CB. Some decent air with no roll cage:eek: Yes his builds have great upgrades to the suspension, but would the newbie that just bought an old truck know the difference? Can just see someone new to four wheel drives taking off and thinking it’s a good idea.....

ptwist

He said it was much hard to build the derelict than a normal BR so how much do you think that one cost?

DRBRONCO69

Chicago Mike
Loc.
Chicago, Illinois
I understand that but it would also kind ruin the look and idea behind that particular bronco to add a roll cage to it. I imagine the owner is a collector of some sort and has driven plenty of cars of different styles and variations.

That doesn't make it safe. Safety first. :cool: