• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Ideal height of half cab interior roll cage

kat

Loc.
Bristol
I have a '76 that Im going to install a inner roll cage. I will be putting a bikini top on it by summer. I have a drop bracket for my windshield wiper motor but do not have it installed yet. My question is, does the top (highest point of roll cage) need to be about flush with the highest point of the windshield (or wiper motor), or is it better to be closest to the cab of Bronco? Ive looked for pics but cant seem to tell what everyone is doing. Thanks

OP
OP
kat

kat

Loc.
Bristol
If you're not sure how to build a cage, then you probably shouldn't be. Buy one that was professionally designed & built for that application.

I have already bought a cage that is pre-bent for my half cab. All it needs is to be welded and the legs have to be shortened to fit. My question is what is the ideal height of this pre made roll cage for the best fit with a bikini top. There might not be any better height of the roll cage.....but I thought I would ask:)

68ford

Bronco Guru
Built my own cage inside the half cab. May find some pics helpful though it is a lot more than the average cage.
Waynesbronco.shutterfly.com may have to type that out in the address bar to get to the site.