• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Identical appearance water temperature sensors

Johnnyb

Contributor
Loc.
Flagstaff
Had an interesting one today. I have a Dakota digital and Edelbrock Proflo 4. At some time during the install the water temperature sensors, which appear to be identical including interchangeable connectors got confused.
Some weeks later I go to start the engine and the Edelbrock computer is gradually reporting an overheat situation, while the Dakota digital isn't reading anything at all.
The engine was obviously not overheating because at 240° reported on the Edelbrock, I could still put my hand on each radiator hose and hold it.
Anyway, the moral of the story is while the two sensors are identical in appearance, once I switch the leads, the Dakota digital and the Edelbrock computer report the same temperature, exactly thermostat temperature no matter how long I run the engine.

JB