• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

If Ford never made the Bronco...

If Ford never made the Bronco, what vintage 4x4 would be in your garage...?

• Total voters

Devin

Bronco Kineticist
I had a '76 F150 when I was in high school that was pretty much bone stock except for the 31" tires. I pulled more people out with that truck than I can remember. That thing was awesome. After my EB is done, I am going to start looking for an old Ford P/U for a DD. ;D

Grunt1058

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Land of Entrapment
69Bronc said:
I had a '76 F150 when I was in high school that was pretty much bone stock except for the 31" tires. I pulled more people out with that truck than I can remember. That thing was awesome. After my EB is done, I am going to start looking for an old Ford P/U for a DD. ;D
There's a bright red 78 4 door lifted truck in my neck o the woods. (Off Alameda N of the Cottonwood Mall. ;)

Brettman

Loc.
Houston
Back in the late 70's my brother In-Law had a Land Crusier that I loved to drive when I was on summer vacation. Great thing was, he was a charter boat Captain in Destin, FL so he was normally gone all day and went to bed early. I probably drove it more than he did. At night I would cruise the island looking for tourists (and chicks) who were stuck in the sand and offer to pull them out. Most were so happy to be free from the sand that I made some really good cash during the summers. Those were some fun times and since I always kept the tank full of gas my Bro did not mind at all. By the way, that was the first time I had ever heard of Dick Cepek and Gumbo Monster Mudders! Still love that name!

Devin

Bronco Kineticist
Grunt1058 said:
There's a bright red 78 4 door lifted truck in my neck o the woods. (Off Alameda N of the Cottonwood Mall. ;)

Hmm....maybe I will have to take a road trip soon and check it out! ;D

Grunt1058

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Land of Entrapment
69Bronc said:
Hmm....maybe I will have to take a road trip soon and check it out! ;D
It's a nice looking truck. Been on the market for a while. Haven't looked up close or test driven it yet. I don't need the temptation myself. But, can get more info for you if you are interested. Original asking price was $7500 from a small lot in Rio Rancho. Last I saw it on the lot was for $5500. Now, it's on the side of the road for $5500. Not sure if someone bought it or if the lot moved it to a higher traffic area for visibility. Can get more info if you are seriously interested.

Devin

Bronco Kineticist
Grunt1058 said:
It's a nice looking truck. Been on the market for a while. Haven't looked up close or test driven it yet. I don't need the temptation myself. But, can get more info for you if you are interested. Original asking price was $7500 from a small lot in Rio Rancho. Last I saw it on the lot was for $5500. Now, it's on the side of the road for $5500. Not sure if someone bought it or if the lot moved it to a higher traffic area for visibility. Can get more info if you are seriously interested.

I wish I could right now...but just can't. Got a new baby coming soon and the Bronc is taking up funds, landscaping season is coming..etc, etc, etc.. ;D %)

fwilder

this guy in my HS had a beautiful 70ish K5 with a soft top. I love those things. The other would have to be the 70s Heep Cherokee 2 door. Very cool.

Grunt1058

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Land of Entrapment
69Bronc said:
I wish I could right now...but just can't. Got a new baby coming soon and the Bronc is taking up funds, landscaping season is coming..etc, etc, etc.. ;D %)
I know the drill. Except the baby coming soon bit. ;)

DBrown

Loc.
Bowling Green, KY
I would probably look for a CJ7. I used to have a 76 that had a rusty frame...they are everywhere around here so they are cheap...

4x4babygirl

Bronco Goddess
Loc.
Tanasi
Okay, I know we're supposed to be talking about 4x4s... but, if there wasn't a Bronco in my garage, there would be a 1972 Jaguar XJ12. $1200 she was, one hundred dollars for each lovely cylinder's worth of drive-too-fast.

I know this because that's what I was going to buy with the money I eventually spent on my EB. Except when I went to buy the Jag, it was gone. One week later, my buddy called and asked if I still wanted that Bronco. Yes, yes I did.

DBrown

Loc.
Bowling Green, KY
if we can pic cars I would probably have the same project car I have now. 64 falcon futura that is what is in line behind the Bronco...

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
It may seem a bit blasphemous, but I've always liked old CJs. I think I'd take a CJ-7 over the 5. I've never liked the looks of the CJ-8.

Tom Dummer

Loc.
Scappoose, Or
The Jeep choice needs to be broken down into more options. My dream tow vehicle is a Jeep 4 door body cut and grafted to a pickup cab with a bed behind it and a Cummins under the hood. I guess I have to settle with my 99 Dodge 3500 for now. (can't wait to total it so the drive train can be used to build my dream tow vehicle). For the Bronco replacement, I'd go back to the '82 Jeep Honcho stepside again in a heartbeat.

RIbronco

Loc.
Costa Mesa, CA
Before I bought the Bronco, I was looking for a FJ40. Mostly because they are rare around here (RI) and I have friends that have J**ps and one with a Bronco, so I wanted to be original.

komodo72

Loc.
Tennessee
Mine would have to be either a two door range rover or a series II 88. But then again the only thing stock would be the body.

irenewild

bronco

i like the square ness of the scout...all though the big blazer looks good as well.

Steven_in_SC

Loc.
Charleston, SC
Id go with a Land Cruiser. Ive fallen in love with my FZJ80. Factory front and rear lockers, AC, Leather. Im hunting for a FJ40 of 55 to join my Bronco now.

Revelation

Bronco Guru
A world with out Bronco's, OMG!!! If not for the Bronco I would prolly be a Muscle car guy
67 GTO 2 door 389 6 pack 4 speed, Mint green

77BroncoWag

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I clicked other ford 4x4 but now that I think about it I may not have gone 4x4 I may have gone to muscle car (mustang 60's era) :cool: