• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Im a Bronco owner-newb here

JohnnyRocket

Hey Everyone,

Great sight super informative, I have been a lurker for some time now and love reading about all the great builds out there. Today I just purchaced my first Bronco and now have a project of my own. I have been working on cars since I was a kid and have some great car related roll models in my family. I put together a few cars in my day starting at 15 with a 1964 chevy, and I currently own a fully restored 1969 Chevelle that my Dad and I did together back in 1993. I always wanted a Bronco and loved the look of them but never found the right one at the right time. I did purchace a 1977 International Scout and played with that for about a year, but it was not what I wanted so I let it go. Well this summer I decided it was a good time to search for a Bronco to fill the void, I spent some time looking around found a few that I liked but none in my price range. Then I was scanning some old posts on Graveyard and noticed one of the trucks I really liked had come down to a price I could work with. And today she sits in the backyard ready for some work to be done and hopefully some cruising. I am a surfer and only live three blocks from the ocean so this is my new surf rig named "La Playa Bomba" The Beach Bomb. Its from 1974 with the straight six, has a gas leak, needs some tires and a few cosmetic touches and I think we will be good to go.

100_2347.jpg

Last edited:

g8rb8t

Bronco Guru
Welcome to the addiction! Great looking rig...what size tires are those? Looking longer term for my uncut and like the look of those...

Heus33

Bronco Guru
Looks great! Love those tires, if you do replace I vote for the same size/style!

zeeman1

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Seattle
way to hold off. I've bought almost every one I've ever looked at, nice to see that some to have the patience to find what they want. Thats a good lookin bronco there, and x3 on the tires, they look good.

OP
OP
J

JohnnyRocket

thanks everyone, I also like the size of the tires, it started pouring here after I got her unloaded so I did not get a good look at everything but I have time

ajportmann

three blocks from what beach? hope the truck doesn't get parked there for skate sessions! good luck with the truck and the Bronco sickness. i've been 'ill' for a long time as well. mine had a spare tire that looked a lot like the tire's on your truck. it looks like your truck has a mild lift. looks great, good start. have fun. this is a very good site for info and parts.

mustangtoby

Bronco Guru
Loc.
southwest Colorado
Congrats on the rig, and welcome to the site. You'll find out more than you can imagine here, and very few grumpy people. Watch out for the mod bug, it can bite REALLY hard, and the only cure is bigger tires and lift, winches, built V8, gears, and the damn bug will keep on biting!

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
welcome brother! Long island? i may have a rear tank if that's the leak...

j.blakeslee

Bronco Guru
Loc.
NASSUA NY
your bronco is gonna fit in in long beach...i was out there for a few weeks helping a buddy gut and redo a house he picked up. fun town .

ochretoe

Loc.
Millington
Welcome. Its good to see another inline-er. The 74 has a 200cid, the best of the small six's. Put a duraspark II and a 2V carb on it and it will get you around fine. I wish my 74 had duel tanks like yours. Nice looking Bronco.