• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

In Dash speakers

rojo23

Loc.
Ashland, VA
I have seen a few builds that folks are installing in dash speakers. Usually it is two if them one on either side of the dash. The ones I have seen there was a metal mesh over the speaker

Saw a couple on Nicks Trix

Anyone have experience with adding the speakers?

What size works best?

Thanks

Speedrdr

Contributor
Not so wise OLD owl
Loc.
Paris, MS
I was too lazy to do that with the 72 I used to own. Plus it was run without a top most of the time so I bought some Bose waterproof speakers and mounted with some sort of anti theft bolts to where the top bolts up to the rear of the front seats. Never worried about them getting wet and never were stolen in 10 years.

Randy

abn373

Contributor
Loc.
Charleston, SC
I am in the process of redoing my audio setup, keeping the same marine boat speakers, just moving locations, they would fit in the dash, technically, but I can't imagine mounting speakers into a Bronco dash would sound very good. The thin metal dash would likely vibrate and rattle. Not to mention there is not much room. I would think kick panel enclosures under the dash (I have those) or probably even better sound would be from an easy custom under dash center hump enclosure type set up that some here have done.
I never have a top or doors on, and it pop-up showers in low country SC all the time, so I use marine grade radios/speakers. I actually recently found a water resistant slim-fit subwoofer that fits under the front passenger seat. I have test fitted it, and it will fit completely under the seat and be protected from the elements and reasonably from theft. I can't say how it sounds yet, but it is from Pyle, so it's somewhat name brand and is ruggederized with metal screen and hard plastic outer.