• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

INDESTRUCTABLE U-JOINTS

G

HOWDY!<br><br>HEY GUYS i HAVE BEEN LOSING ALOT of u-joints lately...after I fliiped last month and got the show back on the road, I have been losing and going through u-joints like tight jean woman at a honkey tonk on friday night! When I am a stopp lighgt sitting on my 38 beside some some punk C-J 7...when the light turns green I like to smoke all 4 of em about every week or so I lose my rear u-j. I am not going to stop spinning so dont tell me too, whats the solution to get these joints to stcik or do you know of a indestructibale u-j that can handle the power of my 500 hp 351 C!!!!???<br><br><br>Bad Ass Mike

OP
OP
G

Good Lorrrrrrddddddd..............500 HP?!?!? That joker must turn some torque. I would love to see you sitting beside a CJ and smoke all 4. I would recommend checking out 4wheelparts.com or call them for an anwser to this problem. Good luck.

astark

Contributor
Bronco God
"Going through u-joints like tight jean woman at a honkey tonk on friday night".<br><br>Now that's a classic BassAss, you might want to try some of those expensive CTM's. But hey, if there is a corralation between U-joints and luck at the Honky Tonk you might just want to stick with the cheep ones.<br><br>Actually, that was kind of a nice post for you, so here is a link where you can look at them.<br><br>http://www.bcbroncos.com/<br><br>Good Luck !

Hnrys69

Bronco Guru
How about you stop driving around in 4wheel drive lol.<br><br>Since you probably dont have a digital camera get that poloriod out and snap a pic of this, I would like to see it.

Madgyver

Bronco Madman
What do you have in this 500hp 351C? I'd like to know.<br> What heads? What compression? Type of induction? <br>Please tell me! Me madgyver like to know as a cleveland fan myself. There are a few others here to that run the C, DessertThrasher, Wrenchmonkey, Tanezeman, cjhalfcab and maybe a few others. I'm sure they would like to hear what you got.......

OP
OP
G

B.S.

500 HP?<br>Mine is a '75, running a Boss 351C, 4V quench chamber heads, 12.5:1 pistons, .236 duration Crane solid lifter cam, Weiand hi-rise aluminum duel plane, tuned 600 CFM Holley, recurved duraspark and a lot of high budget machine work. Approx 375 HP.<br>What's the deal? Nitrous?<br>The '75 302 was only rated for 135 HP. So, I find the drive train design safety margin very acceptable.<br>I have no issue with U-joints. But then I'm not impressed by foolishness.

bsaunder

Bronco Guru
get a anti-wrap bar - that's what is killing your u-joints, will soon break the springs too if your not careful.

WyleCoyote

Bronco Guru
[quote author=canadabronco link=board=5;threadid=8880;start=0#63520 date=1031591158]<br>He's full of crap. Don't bother talking to "him". Why the hell would he be asking us for help? Don't give away any secrets.<br>[/quote]<br><br>Now, we don't want to take that Attitude, maybe BassAss has turned over a new leaf, and wants to be part of the club?

justinsane

Loc.
Casper, Wyoming
If you're puttin 500 hp through 38's and driving in 4WD on the pavement, your lucky your just breaking ujoints. Go ahead and beef up the ujoint, then you'll find the next weakest link.<br><br>Of course the rest of us already know were the real weakest link is.

JMurray

Hmmmmm, I really want the name brand of your "unbindable" t-case ::)<br>Jerry

brokenhorse

Bronco Builder
Loc.
Wisconsin
Hey BAM nice to hear from you as always First go to a ( U PUL IT ) ;) Then find yourself a 1981 Gremlin take out the drive shaft and the U's it's a direct bolt in and it's BULLIT PROOF <br><br><br><br><br><br>I don't know why I waste my time :-U