• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Info o buying a 69' bronco half cab

pistolpete80

I recently found a 69 bronco that I'm interested in buying. The seller is asking $6500 for it. I don't know a whole lot about the early broncos though. Is this a reasonable deal?? I used to own a 79 bronco and had to sell it a few years ago due to the economy. The one I'm looking at has fresh paint, rebuilt 302 with 5000 miles on it. Looks pretty solid from the pictures. The floor has been coated with a spray on liner, has a 5" lift and 33" meats. With all that I say it's worth the price. Would you buy it for that price?

1sicbronconut

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Unless it's seen some upgrades a 69' isn't worth that IMHO. If it's orginal it won't have power steering, power brakes or power steering. It will have a weak three speed manual transmission and a dana 30 front end under it.

OP
OP
P

pistolpete80

I was trying to find out some info on them, but couldn't find out a whole lot. I don't think much else has been upgraded on it. Doesn't say in the description other than the column shifter has been professionally converted to a floor shifter. I'd hate to pass it up if it were a good deal, but I also don't want to get screwed either.

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
I would look close at the liner covered floor?You never know what it could be hiding;)

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
I can't get the link to open.There is a good market for org.(metal)halfcab's as long as it's not a rust bucket!!

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
Roger that.....%) Oh yea welcome to the site and don't forget to vote everyday at the bottom of the page(TOP4X4 site in the net);)

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
I love how Broncos are always overpriced according to the guys on this site. Considering solid Bronco projects go for $2,500 - $4,000, I'd say an uncut true U14 halfcab with a freshly rebuilt engine and fresh paint job is easily worth $6,500 as long as the work was done correctly. I'd make sure the guy has receipts and work orders for the paint and engine work.

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
I can't put my finger on it,but there is something about the bronco that would tell me to keep looking?I don't know man it's hard to say without seeing it up close and inspeck for the norm rust areas?5in. lift I would think you would need to upgrade to disc up front atleast and if you did that you might as well get a D-44 and loose the D-30.I feel like he would have listed this (d-44 swap)if he had did it already?

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
I love how Broncos are always overpriced according to the guys on this site. Considering solid Bronco projects go for $2,500 - $4,000, I'd say an uncut true U14 halfcab with a freshly rebuilt engine and fresh paint job is easily worth $6,500 as long as the work was done correctly. I'd make sure the guy has receipts and work orders for the paint and engine work.

Well I don't think I priced it yet,But I am glad the expert showed up;)

stevew

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Elliston Montana
Typical Craigslist pics ... hard to say but the quarter seams look suspsious ,
like full of bondo . If it's not a rust bucket under that paint thats a fair price .

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
Well I don't think I priced it yet,But I am glad the expert showed up;)

I've sold half a dozen Broncos in the last decade. I have a pretty good idea of what they go for. Every time there is a "what's it worth" thread here, the Bronco in question is never worth the asking price according to the "experts" here. Kind of silly really since we all know what they take to keep running and get into decent shape.

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
I may have took you wrong?I don't know?I like seeing what everyones op is of a Bronco for sale.I'm no expert,but I know in some parts of the USA they will bring alot more than other parts.For example there is one for sale over in Tupelo(Ms.) that is close to said one in this thread and their asking $15,500 for it and started out around 18.5

PS Ive owned 7 sence '78 and present one sence '80 and I'm still learning;)

OP
OP
P

pistolpete80

Thanks for all the input. Too bad it's not closer. I'd drive there and look at it but with gas at $4.00 a gal. I'm gonna have to pass driving 200 miles one way to possibly disappointed. I was hoping to find one somewhat close but there doesn't seem to be a lot up here in Ohio.

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
Have you looked on the Broncos forsell on this site?Take your time and KEEP ASKING QUESTIONS!!The right one will come along;)

Unknown

Contributor
Being patient is the key, the right EB will present itself if you keep at it. Look for a rig that fits your goals and educate yourself on what to look for when reviewing an opportunity. This site is loaded with answers to questions for every type of rig out there - a true asset. Welcome to the site and good luck with the search.

OP
OP
P

pistolpete80

Yeah, I have looked on the classified section of the site, however being located close to Cleveland there really isn't much thats close by. Most of the ones i saw were out west or down south. I'm definitely gonna keep looking. I miss my 79, and wish I would've gotten an earlier one after I had it for a few years.

Amac70

ME
if your interested in it ask someone on this site to go look at it and take some better pictures of it and give you an opinion. Im sure someone would be willing to go look at if for you if you asked.