• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Info o buying a 69' bronco half cab

TwoDalesDad

Bronco Guru
That does look like a handful....it could be bondo....it maybe a creative use of cardboard....either wayit's detroit. IS IT A U14?..do the doors close tight?..does the hood close ok?...thats not alot to spend on an early bronco....I myself have owned several over the years and still have my 67bronco which today is worth way way more than this unit. The add does not mention a new wire harness...which by the way...is pretty much the First upgrade to make....either way....GOOD LUCK...

Tedster100

Chairman of the Bored
Hey Pistolpete, I know where one is sitting that looks decent. Been eyeballing it for a while but haven't stoped to talk to the owner. It was sitting next to a garage along with an old FJ and the FJ had a for sale sign on it. It's near Akron, I'll stop if I can and ask if it's for sale & see what kind of shape it's in.

OP
OP
P

pistolpete80

That would be great Tedster. I checked online around the Akron area before I saw the other one, didn't see anything. Akron's only about a 45 minute drive for me, alot better than 3 hours.

Bajabrewer

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Hey Pistol - I'm about 20 min from Holly & may check it out on Sat. If I do I will take the camera & post some better pics for ya - Don,t worry I'm not gonna buy it just interested in checking out another local Bronco.

OP
OP
P

pistolpete80

Thanks baja, I'd definitely be interested in seeing what that one is all about. You guys are awesome going out of your way to help.

greatguy57078

Contributor
Bronco Guru
If it had original paint I might bite. I bought a '68 halfcab that looked great, but after a few years the problems started coming through the paint, at least the paint that didn't come off in the car wash! Just look it over very careful. Have a Bronco Brother check it out. After owning just one you will know where all the rust spots are, and what other options (PS-PB-Disc Brakes, etc.) to look for. Don't jump on the first one you find. There is always another one the next town over a month later that you wish you would have waited for! I'm just sayin' ... :-X

Bajabrewer

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Pass

Ok - I checked it out & it is NOT worth $6500. Lots of bondo, quicky paint, Rough welds, no upgrades. I did take it down the road about a mile & it runs decent with an edelbrock 4bbl, 3 on the floor was a little loose & the manual steering box is shot! 4 drums seem a little suspect & I didn't even try the T-case. The seat is comfortable but sits too high & I was looking out the top of the windshield. IMHO Pass on it. He claims he would be losing money at $6000 but I think it's only worth about $1500 because of the money & time it would take to make it a nice machine.

Attachments

• BB1.jpg
    BB1.jpg
    132.3 KB · Views: 27
  • BB2.jpg
    BB2.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 24
  • BB3.jpg
    BB3.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 24
  • BB4.jpg
    BB4.jpg
    129.8 KB · Views: 24
  • BB5.jpg
    BB5.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 24
  • BB6.jpg
    BB6.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 26
  • BB7.jpg
    BB7.jpg
    158.4 KB · Views: 25
  • BB8.jpg
    BB8.jpg
    170.4 KB · Views: 24
  • BB9.jpg
    BB9.jpg
    167.4 KB · Views: 25
  • BB10.jpg
    BB10.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 23
  • BB11.jpg
    BB11.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 23

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
%)Yep thats what something was telling me%)

Good footwork there Bajabrewer;)

Tedster100

Chairman of the Bored
That would be great Tedster. I checked online around the Akron area before I saw the other one, didn't see anything. Akron's only about a 45 minute drive for me, alot better than 3 hours.

I stopped Saturday but nobody was there and I didn't want to go snooping around. I'm sure I'll catch them home soon!

Tedster100

Chairman of the Bored
All right, finally found the guy at home and got to look at the Bronco near me. It's a lot rougher than it looked from the street. He say's it's a 69 and that he got if from a barn that's due to be torn down. Has all stock interior and 302, he said it's a 69 with a 302 is supposed to be rare.. yea, if you're doing a period resto maybe. Frame looked decent but the body is rough, really rough in all the good spots. Rockers, door bottoms, tailgate, etc, is full of rot. Even the fenders right behind the grill are rusted through in spots. It has a hard top that's a 6 out of 10 maybe. He said it was driven into the barn years ago but the motor won't turn and he thinks it's the clutch froze up. Motor looks like a daily driver that had 70k on it and has been siting. If you have a big garage and good welding skills and wanted to buy all the patch panels it's possible that you could restore it, it's not falling apart but it's not solid either.

Soooooooo... when I asked what he wanted he started in on the old this is my project line and said everything's for sale for a price. I'm guessing he paid nothing more than $500 for it if he gave anything at all. My opinion is that it's not worth more than $800-1000 as it sits. He said he'd be open to offers if you're interested but I'm guessing this may be more work than you are looking to get into.

OP
OP
P

pistolpete80

Unfortunately my welding skills aren't all that great. I do have a two car garage though. I'm still dowsing through the for sale sections keeping an eye out. Thanks again for checking it out Tedster.