• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Inherited 76 Bronco

deltabronco

Bronco Guru
Hey guys, glad am I found this forum. I just was passed down my grandfathers 1976 Bronco with 58,000 original miles. The body is in decent shape and mechanically the vehicle runs well. Amazingly it has +95% of its original parts including the AC and power steering. The body has some rust as well as some light rust on the chassis. The only part on the body rusted through is the rear floor pan close to the tail gate. I want to restore the vehicle to like new condition keeping everything original but the suspension, tires and rims. I was thinking of taking the body off and blasting, then coating the chassis After that, replacing the rusted floor and maybe the front right fender ( bondo) with a factory steel replacement. Can anyone give me some insight on the best way to get this job done? I received a parts list from Jeffs. Can anyone recomend other parts sources that are reputable? I have some cash set aside for the restoration from selling my british armoured car.
Thanks
Andy P.

supercoupe5

Loc.
Grand Blanc
parts

BC Broncos 1-888-304-2945
James Duff 1-360-683-2160
Wild Horses 1-209-943-0991
Toms Bronco Parts 1-800-749-5028

hope it helps

JaxLax

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Jacksonville, FL
welcome to the addiciton.

first question: who is going to be doing most of the work? Are you going to frm it out or do it yourself?

<--------- Check the Bronco Tech over here for ideas on building a rotisserie for the body.

from what you said, i'm gonna agree. Take the body off and have everything bead blasted. Then go from there.

oh and WE LIKE PICTURES, so become a contributor and post them up! ;D

slyjki

Loc.
okc ok
congrats and welcome to the site! these guys are awesome and alot of knowledge i wish i could have back the money i wasted before finding this site.

OP
OP
deltabronco

deltabronco

Bronco Guru
Thanks Guys. I plan on subing out the blasting and body work but doing the rest myself. I will post PICS (before and after) when I can get a camera that is worth a damn.
Andy P

74BroncoCO

Bronco Guru
Congratulations! Let me say that I am glad you have taken the innitiative to restore such a family heirloom! Do you have kids? Get them involved so that they appreciate what you are doing and make it a priority to maintain it if they happen to get it. Was your grandpa the original owner? Have fun and we sure do hope to see some pics. Heck you can get a disposable camera and have the pics put on CD...

J.D.

OP
OP
deltabronco

deltabronco

Bronco Guru
I do have kids but they are too young to help out right now.( 5 and 3). My grandfather bought it new in 1975 in Cleveland Miss. Heused it up till he died in 1980. My grandmother used it every year since hunting in the winter and fishing in the summer. My aunts and uncles (as well as myself) basically learned how to drive with it and a 43 willys jeep. My grandmother has taken it into town at least 3 times a year every year to have it maintained ( oil etc.) this year she finally decided it was too much to maintain and passed it too me. Not much has changed with the vehicle in 30 years. The back window is still busted out from a mistake my grandfather made back in 1979. It will be a fun project and I dont ever plan on selling it. Too much history involved. Thats why I want to do things right the first time around.
Andy P