• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Evaluating an inherited Bronco

W650Mike

Loc.
Eastland, Texas
You would probably benefit from getting it to start and run before selling. Even a poorly running vehicle is easier to sell than a non-running vehicle.

fwilder

hey George,

Where are you. I'm sure that if you are planning to sell it for parts or together, there are oh 1 or 2 people here that would be interested in taking it off your hands. Like was said before, PW steering, PW brakes, disk brakes, auto trannys, and motors are all desirable.

Good Luck.

cracker

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Pueblo, Colorado
Also, a 77 needs to be smog legal also in most states. That would be a big limiting factor in restoring it for street use.

zeeman1

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Seattle
The most valuable part on there would be the Dana44 with the disk brakes. You could get $4-500 for that alone. I'd part it out if I were you.

OP
OP
G

gmanrule

Guys,

I'm in Dartmouth, MA (about one hour south of Boston).

So 500 for the Dana...that's good news.

Yeah, I don't see what is wrong with a "rat rod" Bronco either. If the frame is good and all it needs is a gas tank (and probably some brake lines), I feel like going four-wheeling.

Thanks guys. Keep those part numbers coming.

Broncobowsher

Total hack
I will concur on the value. $500-1000 mostly in parts value. You will also have to asses the condition of the parts. Yea it is a disk brake D44 front end, but it has spent all it's life as a plow truck. How good of shape is it really in. I know that is thick metal but I have had some really deep pitting on these axles as well.

The most shocking for me is the passenger door welded to both the quarter and the fender. I have seen them get rotten but I don't remember ever seeing someone just weld it on solid. The picture of the drivers door on the ground where it fell when it was opened also shows the condition. This is probably the second most rusted old plow truck I have ever seen. The other one was the complete opposite, an early '66 half cab (second one ever sold by the local dealer) that had every piece of trim completely intact and stored away.

Stuff of value
Front axle
Rear axle
Transmission
Power steering (with column)
Power brakes

Remember that these are beat to the ground dead work truck parts, you are going to be selling them as core value only. Any mechanical part off that truck will need a going through and a rebuild. Plows are not nice to any of the mechanical parts.

shonivey

best I can tell from the catalogs about 3500 will get every piece of metal except the tailgate......some assembly required. as stated 600 quick sell 1000 to the right person for parts

357Bronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
New Hampsha
Guys,

I'm in Dartmouth, MA (about one hour south of Boston).

So 500 for the Dana...that's good news.

Yeah, I don't see what is wrong with a "rat rod" Bronco either. If the frame is good and all it needs is a gas tank (and probably some brake lines), I feel like going four-wheeling.

Thanks guys. Keep those part numbers coming.

Boss351 is from Foxboro, PM him if your gonna sell, or fix and need parts, his name is Rob.

OP
OP
G

gmanrule

Thanks 357bronco and everyone else who helped with this.

I think its best for me to sell this one, even though I like it. Every car is a story and every time you sell you make a mistake, but we'll see.

fatboy

Contributor
Glad to be here.
Loc.
New Hampshire
Sorry I missed this thread, I bought a 68 similar to this, plow truck, second owner, ran great. Drove it right onto the trailer. My plan was to restore but it was way too far gone. Great frame and great running gear. That one was titled and running and driving and I bought that for $500 a few years back. The market is awful up here right now and there are a half a dozen within driving distance from parts to full restore. Sad state of affairs, I never see that many for sale all at once. If it is running and complete, throw a glass body on it and enjoy. Skip the metal route, body panels alone will be the cost of the tub, then you have to assemble.

Wyflyer

Bronco Guru
I paid 650 for mine, and the body was in similar shape. I'm expecting a Christmas card from Tom's and Bronco Graveyard for all the parts I bought from them. I spent over 3000 for body panels alone. Your bronco is a beater and the rust bunnies have about ruined it. There will be worse rust than you see so far if you try to restore it.
I'd call it a 500 dollar bronco.