• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Inner And Outer Wheel Bearing Seals

Raskew

Loc.
Vancouver, B.C.
Does anyone have a picture of the Inner Wheel Bearing Seal. I'm not sure if the parts house gave me the right one. Also is there a seal for the Outer wheel Bearing, if there is, what does it look like?

Lastly what diameter is the last section of the Chevy Spindle. With the one I got looks too wide for the ford inner bearings i got. When I push it on, it's still about an 1" to an 1 1/2" away.

Thanks in advance

Rick

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Inner seal part number is 4250 if it's a National Seal or many othes that use that number. No outer seal. Just an o-ring at the lockout cap, and a couple small things where the axleshaft fits into the inner part of the spindle.
Not sure about the diameter, but you're right, the bearing, with the tapered down side facing outward, should slide almost all the way up to the seal's surface. Sometimes they do stick a little though because of a very close tolerance. Other times they just slide right on.
What part number is the bearing? Is it the original one from your Bronco or a new one? Should be an LM603049 bearing and an LM603011 race, if using that nomenclature. Sound about right? One to one and a half inches sounds almost like the outer bearing. Could you have the two mixed? Just double-checkin' 'ya.

Paul

kwspony

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Roseville
check the many write-ups on the chebby disc swap. this is the spindle dimensions chart i got from www.mcguill.com. There is no inner seal but the spindle itself has 2 seals that go on the inside. Napa part SBK1 is the kit you need.

Attachments

• 13.jpg
    13.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 113