• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Inoperable door handle and sticky window crank

broncoranger'77

Hi guys new member here. I have a 1977 ranger with the vinyl inserts and cannot figure out how to remove them without damaging the cardboard material. I have an Inoperable door handle and sticky window crank so I need to get inside the door. It's not the sport model with exposed screws. It's the insert fastened with clips. I read a putty knife may do the trick? Thanks.

rjrobin2002

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Once you get in there, usually all of the door handles and window cranks just need a good cleaning with some brake cleaner to remove all the 40 year old grease that has became thick and sticky. The spray it all with some lithium grease and rock on.

Slowleak

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Georgia
I just took my 77 Ranger panels off to grease the window gears. I use a plastic spatula handle to pop the clips out starting at the top rear edge. It won't scratch the paint but it has to be sturdy. Picture below will show the location of the clip holes.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 28