• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Installing vent window back into doors

crazy_canuck

Loc.
Langley BC
I'm having a hell of time with this... took the door apart to install all new glass. Now this is done and its to reassemble.

The door glass is in the door not connected just sitting in the track. Bump stops are out.

I must be doing something wrong cause the vent frame is so tight to fit back into place.

broncoitis

Bronco Guru
I wish I had some advice for you doing this but I had a heck of a time reassembling my doors as well. I will say though that it has to be done in a specific order which will make this whole nightmare of a project just a teeny bit easier. I would probably suggest dropping the window all the way to the floor and temporarily taking it off the regulator track and removing the bumper on the bottom and slide the glass all the way forward. Once you get the vent window in place you can then play with the window glass and get that back where it needs to be. Also tape up the top of the door to protect it from getting scratched. Good Luck! ;D

Chief Master Sergeant

Retired U.S. Air Force
I agree...take the door glass off the pivot and put it all the way to the bottom of the door. The vent window should slide in fairly easy

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
I have replaced my door glass a few times and never had to remove my vent window so maybe try taking your door glass all the way out if it gives you more room for the vent assembly.

broncoitis

Bronco Guru
It probably can't hurt to spray some soapy water on the vent window rubber seal to help it slide into place either! I bet that would help quite a bit. Hmmmmmm.....why didn't I think of that when I put mine back together! %)

Good Luck! Just be patient and you will get it in there! ;D

OP
OP
crazy_canuck

crazy_canuck

Loc.
Langley BC
I have replaced my door glass a few times and never had to remove my vent window so maybe try taking your door glass all the way out if it gives you more room for the vent assembly.
Dunno how you changed the door glass without removing the vents. I tried it and the glass is just too large to fit.
0a371c16966a4f5604f81b28e1d52a3d.jpg