• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Installing vent windows

kaw550

Bronco Guru
I need help getting my door back together.
What's the order for installing door glass and the vent window?

I have the door glass in but it is getting in the way of the vent window frame when I try to install.

The weather stipping is off the window frame and one side of the door felt.
I also tried to remove the two channels inside the door so that I would have more room to move the glass.

Violator

Loc.
Wisconsin Rapids, WI
I would try installing the vent window first. Just get it in place and don't tighten the screws along the outside of the door and leave the other bolts either out or real loose. Then you should be able to tip the window down inside the door and onto the actuator arm. I can't remember if there is a notch in the middle of the bottom window bracket or if you need to start it onto the arm from one end or the other. You may have to mess with rolling the arm up and down a little to get it where you can slide the window onto the roller of the arm. Once it's on the arm crank it up and down to see if it binds and then tighten and adjust the screws and bolts of the vent assembly.

Fireball05

Bronco Guru
KAW - I haven't reinstalled anything yet, so take this with a grain of salt. But here is how I removed everything, so my public school edumacation says it should be OK to reverse the steps upon assembly!

I think you will need to put the glass inside the door frame, but loose. This way you can push it out of the way towards the back of the door. Then install the vent window. You'll have to tip it in there at a 45 degree angle, then slide it/rotate it forward into place. Once the vent window is in place, then you can secure the glass.

When I disassembled my doors, the glass was the very last thing I took out.

daddycreswell

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Lebanon, TN
Unbolt the bump stop on the bottom of the door and let the window settle at the bottom, gives you the room to wiggle the window around a little. I went through this a couple of weeks ago.

Hank_

Bronco Guru
If doors are completely disassembled I just finished mine last night and here is how they went together:

1. Installed my window regulator loosely.

2. Installed the lower window runs.

3. Slide the door glass down in the door.

4. Install the vent window in place (it's easier if you have the runner off the window). Install the side and top screws but not the long screw.

5. Install the vent window runner.

6. Install the window frame felt.

7. Install the glass anti rattle strips.

8. Lift the window off the bottom and install regulator on to window track.

9. Secure the window regulator.

10. Crank the window up and install the lower stop.

11. Adjust the window and secure all bolts. This is the time to install the long bolt in the vent window.

Done.

Henry

OP
OP
kaw550

kaw550

Bronco Guru
All set. Once I removed the bump stop I was able to drop the window down far enough to get in the vent window.

Hopefully this one wont break.
I believe the last one broke due to a broken inner track. Actually, one was broken and the other came loose.

Smedley

Loc.
Snohomish
I just had to do this. I wish I had read this first (before trying for 30 minutes). Removing the bump stop was the key.

Will

RonJones

Contributor
I just went thru this, as well. On one door, I was able to engage the loose window (on its carrier) into the vent run, after the vent was installed. On the other, I had to engage the window into the vent run as I was rotating the vent into place. After it was engaged, then putting the lower tracks in place is easy. BTW, even with dry PTFE lube put on new felt in place, there’s a lot of friction with new felt! After I get the doors back on the Bronco, hopefully the factory alignment procedure will help (1st two images only, the third is for the F150)

Attachments

• 924C0EAD-BB14-41D5-9178-A99AB33D9CE2.jpeg
    924C0EAD-BB14-41D5-9178-A99AB33D9CE2.jpeg
    87.2 KB · Views: 50
  • ADE59074-8952-418A-AB5B-F7C4B0E6EC9D.jpeg
    ADE59074-8952-418A-AB5B-F7C4B0E6EC9D.jpeg
    117.5 KB · Views: 39
  • 9903C07A-4913-4AC6-BDE1-7F8302C20ABE.jpeg
    9903C07A-4913-4AC6-BDE1-7F8302C20ABE.jpeg
    74 KB · Views: 34
Last edited: