• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Insurance Recommendations

70 Steed

Here's one of them....I'll look for the other.

View attachment 265258

Thanks for posting the document. Your post above says, "you CANNOT DRIVE IT other than to and from car shows. PERIOD." that's not what your attachment says and not what their website says. I suppose there could always be and argument when someone files a claim but if they started denying claims for pleasure cruises or going to dinner when their website says you can there would certainly be bad reviews on the Internet.

airbur

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Castle Pines, CO
Interpretation....for me their conditions mean:

- I can't drive it to the store.
- I can't drive it to work.
- I can't drive it to drop my son off at school.
- I definitely can't off-road it.

When exactly can I drive it? To and from a car show.

This is my interpretation.....I think most would feel the same way but I've been wrong before.

70 Steed

Interpretation....for me their conditions mean:

- I can't drive it to the store.
- I can't drive it to work.
- I can't drive it to drop my son off at school.
- I definitely can't off-road it.

When exactly can I drive it? To and from a car show.

This is my interpretation.....I think most would feel the same way but I've been wrong before.

We can agree to disagree I think you are taking a fairly narrow interpretaion of the their policy. So if it makes you feel more comfortable to pay more for a policy that won't cover your Bronco for what you have into it go ahead.

I think that we should try to help folks on this forum with the most accurate information that we can provide. Which is why I provide links to what I'm saying.

I'm done.

Tedster100

Chairman of the Bored
Here's one of them....I'll look for the other.

View attachment 265258

This is all very interesting, I'm still trying to decide where to insure my classic vehicles. Tried the "stated value" with State Farm, it started out all right with some questions, an inspection and pictures. Then I got the call saying that they only did stated value on 71 or older or historical vehicles. After a lot of back and forth my agent said that they would cover the value of the vehicle based on pictures and receipts but no accounting for my labor. So the best they could offer was a standard policy and her word that the receipts would factor into the final value, swell!

So right now I have a normal policy on my Bronco. But wait, it gets better, I get a letter in the mail from State Farm asking me questions exactly like the ones above about my Bronco. Do you drive it to work, school, business, etc.... What a bunch of crap! I left the form blank and inserted a letter stating how I had asked for a stated value policy and was denied and that as far as I was concerned they should assume that I'm driving the crap out of the thing to work, school, cross country, etc....

I guess if your needs don't exactly fit some pre-determined category you are out of luck. So much for customer service or meeting their needs.

JefeAZ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tucson
Read this thread:

http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?t=205688

I just went with ANPAC and couldnt be happier. Im also an Insurance Agent if that helps. I have worked with JC Taylor and American Collectors but could not get a rate due to suspension mods or roll cage, etc. One company said Broncos are for offroading so they dont insure them haha.

Quote from ANPAC looks pretty good, $370/year at $14k value. Im 27 and have a speed cite on my record too..

Heres what the rep sent me:

Full glass endorsement is included.

Monthly bill pay is available through our Easy Pay Agreement (EFT).

The premium quoted is with an annual usage of 3000 miles. That does not mean you cannot go over that amount. It just means you will not average more than that in a year.

If you want to drive it to work on a nice day, that is fine as long as it is not your regular daily use vehicle. It would be covered if stolen in the parking lot.

I have attached a copy of the application and appraisal form. When you are ready to move forward, all you need to do is sign the application, fill out the appraisal form, and return both to me, along with photos and a copy of your regular use autos dec page. (We do not require an independent appraisal for vehicles under $25k in value, however, I do need you to fill this form out completely.) As far as photos go, we will need:
· Front diagonal
· Rear diagonal
· Engine
· Interior

The lady I talked to was very helpful and had answers for every question I gave her. If you want a quote her email is crystal.butler at anpac.com, phone is 800-227-2833 ext. 7449.

She asked how I found out about their company and told them about this site. Her brother loves Classic Broncos she said. I told her they may be getting some more business from us.

The Auto policy is 16 pages which is very short.

I asked about a roll cage since it asks on the application. She said

The roll cage should not be a problem as long as it is for aesthetic purposes. The underwriter said a roll cage will be fine as long as you are not using the Bronco for rock crawling, racing or any other competitive function.

No one offers an insurance policy that will cover you while off-roading(unless specifically listed that it does in the policy), so the only way to get collector insurance is to accept that fact.

jw0747

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Antonio, TX
I've been a USAA member for 40 yrs and currently have my Bronco listed on my multi-car, Texas auto policy which is an Actual Cash Value policy. If it is ever declared a total loss USAA will pay me its value based on a survey of the local market. I chose this because USAA's collector car insurer buddy is American something or other which has the multitude of restrictions. I have all the receipts for what I've done to it since I've owned it and know for certain that I could never ever recover my expenditures dollar for dollar. But I know its market value and I know how to present a claim for its market value to USAA, and USAA has always been fair with me.

For certain I would never trade the fun I have with my Bronco every year going off road etc. for a stupid, highly restrictive insurance policy because I'm worried about not getting enough money if it is ever declared a total loss. Foolishness.

JefeAZ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tucson
I've been a USAA member for 40 yrs and currently have my Bronco listed on my multi-car, Texas auto policy which is an Actual Cash Value policy. If it is ever declared a total loss USAA will pay me its value based on a survey of the local market. I chose this because USAA's collector car insurer buddy is American something or other which has the multitude of restrictions. I have all the receipts for what I've done to it since I've owned it and know for certain that I could never ever recover my expenditures dollar for dollar. But I know its market value and I know how to present a claim for its market value to USAA, and USAA has always been fair with me.

For certain I would never trade the fun I have with my Bronco every year going off road etc. for a stupid, highly restrictive insurance policy because I'm worried about not getting enough money if it is ever declared a total loss. Foolishness.
Your USAA policy does not cover physical damage to yours or anyones vehicles or liability to others while offroading. Sure...you could lie to them and probably get it covered. If you think it does, post up the verbiage in your policy that says it does.

Having an ACV policy means the insurance company gets the final say on the value. You and I know Broncos sell for $500-175,000. If you want to protect your investment, I would look into other options. USAA "has" always been fair to you but it only takes 1 time for them not to be.

What do you think you would get if someone stole it? Do you have a generic policy on it or did you add customization to it for suspension/motor/interior parts?

jw0747

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Antonio, TX
Your USAA policy does not cover physical damage to yours or anyones vehicles or liability to others while offroading. Sure...you could lie to them and probably get it covered. If you think it does, post up the verbiage in your policy that says it does.

Having an ACV policy means the insurance company gets the final say on the value. You and I know Broncos sell for $500-175,000. If you want to protect your investment, I would look into other options. USAA "has" always been fair to you but it only takes 1 time for them not to be.

What do you think you would get if someone stole it? Do you have a generic policy on it or did you add customization to it for suspension/motor/interior parts?

let me see here, have you personally reviewed my Texas auto policy or what? are you an insurance professional yourself or do you just sound like a person pretending to be one who is very knowledgeable about insurance? let me know please.

HoosierDaddy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
let me see here, have you personally reviewed my Texas auto policy or what? are you an insurance professional yourself or do you just sound like a person pretending to be one who is very knowledgeable about insurance? let me know please.

Read the post directly above yours (#25) , especially the part about "I'm an insurance agent , if that helps".

Not covering offroading is pretty standard , at least on the policies I have taken the time to read.

I just read something the other night about insurance for an offroad event , it was costing (iirc) $250 for the day of the event ONLY (for the guys daily driver).

I remember now , it was an open track event at a race track , not actually racing other cars , just driving one at a time around the track.

State Farm has always been really good to me the few times I needed them , but I am quite certain , that if I rolled it or hit someone or injured my passenger while intentionally offroading , I'd be on my own. Makes sense to me.

jw0747

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Antonio, TX
Read the post directly above yours (#25) , especially the part about "I'm an insurance agent , if that helps".

Not covering offroading is pretty standard , at least on the policies I have taken the time to read.

I just read something the other night about insurance for an offroad event , it was costing (iirc) $250 for the day of the event ONLY (for the guys daily driver).

I remember now , it was an open track event at a race track , not actually racing other cars , just driving one at a time around the track.

State Farm has always been really good to me the few times I needed them , but I am quite certain , that if I rolled it or hit someone or injured my passenger while intentionally offroading , I'd be on my own. Makes sense to me.

yep, he's an insurance agent who knows just enough about the contents of a policy to get in trouble. Also sounds like one who hates USAA because they are direct writers who don't use agents. USAA can also beat most companies on cost which pisses off independent agents. You ought to give USAA a call on their 800 number to see if you qualify for membership since they've loosened the membership requirements.

in Texas your liability coverage provides reimbursement to injured persons or for property damage in an accident where you are at fault UNLESS coverage is excluded by a specific exclusion written in the policy. There is no exclusion in Texas for off roading. Beyond your auto policy you can purchase an Umbrella policy which extends your liability coverage.

You might want to check your coverage out further by calling a State Farm claims office and asking a claims person who usually knows the policy better than an agent.

Enough said, I'm done.

JefeAZ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tucson
Hilarious. Myself and others in here are only trying to help you understand the situation you are putting yourself in. Good luck to you!

gerry.witt19

Take a look at the AARP online classic auto insurance. We’ve been with them for about 15 years now and I’ve got to say, they’re pretty solid. In fact, if I’m not mistaken, I read on their website that they’re about to offer insurance based on the agreed value in some States. You might want to check that out.

Last edited: