• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Insuring an my 69 EB. Prove worth? Help!!!

Gud Racing

Bronco Guru
My insurance company called and said my rust free 69 is only worth $2k unless I can prove otherwise. Any ideas on how to do so? ?:?

l_5d81e6157b3ba312df3b689b241ef1b1.jpg

70_Steve

Old Guy
Receipts. I'm with Allstate, and have my Bronco insured for $15K. The only thing I need to do, if I file a claim, is to provide receipts.

73ny

Bronco Guru
Loc.
New York
I called Hagerty and did the whole thing on the phone, got mined insured for 100/300 and $20K agreed value. For $300 a year I get all 3 of my cars covered for up to 3 tows for 125 miles.........without that upgrade in towing, I was paying $215 a year for 3 50 mile tows for just the Bronco.

CDHUNTER

Loc.
Franklin, KY
I'm with Farm Bureau. They merely requested a signed appraisal from an automotive industry person. I got a friend of mine who owns one of the largest local shops to appraise it. He had done some of the work and knew what I had in it. Of course he would have appraised it at what ever I wanted.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Just scrap it.... I'll give you $100... ;D "just kiddin"

trailpsycho

Bronco Guru
An appraisal is always recommended. I still need to get on that, actually.

Skiddy

Bronco Guru
I'm with Farm Bureau. They merely requested a signed appraisal from an automotive industry person. I got a friend of mine who owns one of the largest local shops to appraise it. He had done some of the work and knew what I had in it. Of course he would have appraised it at what ever I wanted.

I have farm bureau also and as of last year they don't do the classic insurance anymore, mine anyways:(

DocLewis

Loc.
Hornsby, TN
I took the very best pictures and details from online sources of the very best and highest priced restorations as proof of what mine is worth. State Auto liked the 1" thick file folder of info that I brought to my local agent. Doc

gtown68

Loc.
Georgetown, Texas
Bronco Insurance

Had mine insured through USAA, only coverd blue book. Wanted a little more insurance. Gave them a call and they reccommended American Collectors Insurance (800-630-6302) We agreed upon a 22K value and a year's premium is less than $170.00. Just started this week; no experience with them - and hoppefully I won't.

trailpsycho

Bronco Guru
Most of the "collectors" insurance companies stipulate that the vehicle cant exceed X miles per year, can only be driven at club functions or other overbearing rules and regulations....so ask for the fine print. Not sure anyone will cover "off-road" activities...

Buldozer

Bronco Virtuoso
Loc.
God's Country
When I registered my bronco the lady at the tax office pulled out a NADA bluebook and tried to put 22K as the value! I told he it was only worth $1000 and we finally settled on the least amount in her book, which was $4,600. She showed me the book and I looked at it myself and those prices were listed under the "restored" category.

71 LUBER

Loc.
SW. Pennsylvania
I'm pretty sure mine will be with Hagarty. A very good family friend and car buff with 10 or 11 old (mint) cars ranging from 30's to 50's and a new Bullit Stang insures all his classics through them. He even knows the owner of the company from racing in the Great Race with his really old stuff. He drives every one of them regularly and totally trusts Hagarty. He claims Hagarty was started by a car buff that builds and drives his cars, not just shows them and the company is based on that. Now, covering it off road is another story.

BlazinCopper

Loc.
Jackson, TN
The best thing to do is insure it for a set amount. Tell your insurance company that you want to put X $ amount of coverage on the truck and pay for that insurance. I have my 67 Camaro insured for a set price of $20,000 -it cost $300 a year. So if it is ever stolen or totaled, they will pay me the full $20,000 and no haggling about what it is really worth. That's also how I insure all my Broncos

Last edited:

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
I'm pretty sure mine will be with Hagarty. A very good family friend and car buff with 10 or 11 old (mint) cars ranging from 30's to 50's and a new Bullit Stang insures all his classics through them. He even knows the owner of the company from racing in the Great Race with his really old stuff. He drives every one of them regularly and totally trusts Hagarty. He claims Hagarty was started by a car buff that builds and drives his cars, not just shows them and the company is based on that. Now, covering it off road is another story.

I'd like to hear how people get their trucks insured through Hagerty. I've talked to reps on the phone with them several times and they always say they won't do 4WDs, etc. I must not know the right person.

Todd Z.

71 LUBER

Loc.
SW. Pennsylvania
They sent me a rate quote for my 71, no problems. They did ask if it would go off road and I told them it would not. It also would not be driven in the Winter months. Maybe that's why they accepted it?

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
They sent me a rate quote for my 71, no problems. They did ask if it would go off road and I told them it would not. It also would not be driven in the Winter months. Maybe that's why they accepted it?

That's probably the difference. I've not been able to find any company that will insure a 4WD in an agreed value policy that goes off road and isn't limited in annual mileage. I have mine insured for the value it was appraised at, but it's a stated value policy which may, or may not, pay you that amount if something happens. Hagerty is one of the few in the industry that does true agreed value policies (I believe I'm using the correct terminology) and that's why I wanted to try and use them.

Todd Z.

71 LUBER

Loc.
SW. Pennsylvania
From what I can tell in my research for insurance is if you off road, you better be ready to pay out of pocket for off road damage and be insured for less than what you have in it. Makes it tough if you have more than a "trail beater" that you want to insure and use off road.