• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Interest in a cheap Fire ext. mount mass buy?

evil69

fawkin classy
Loc.
Athens, GA
I know a guy that has come up with a cheap weldable or just using hose clamps to mount. No more ziptied or plastic mounts for a very important tool. Could probably get some fabbed with a bucking horse, CB.com, beer opener (although Ford thought of this at the factory), EXT. I have not hammered out the total cost per kit with him, but will find out steel costs, ect. A ballpark would be say less than 25 bucks unwelded, but this is only a guess. Any interest or ideas? Will update later this week with costs, everybody is scrambling getting ready to head up to Harlan right now.

I do not approve of the beer used in the mounting.

Attachments

• fire ext.jpg
    fire ext.jpg
    134.6 KB · Views: 362
  • fire ext2.jpg
    fire ext2.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 357

Pops68

Contributor
Bronco Rookie
Loc.
Bazetta Township
If I'm corrrect, commercial ones of this style are $65 or more, so depending on final cost, I may be interested.

Pops

OP
OP
evil69

evil69

fawkin classy
Loc.
Athens, GA
Yeah the cost of off the shelf is why I'm thinking there will be some interest. The current kits are weld yourself, but I am assuming will have to have an option for already welded for some folks.

nosaj2k

Loc.
Green River, WY
Oh my god - the chick's boobs in moe d's avatar are going to fall out...This would be a real shame ;D. Oh, and I'm also in (for the fire extinguisher mounting system) if the price is not wrong. After all, I have never been accused of not being a cheap bastard.

Last edited:
OP
OP
evil69

evil69

fawkin classy
Loc.
Athens, GA
Spoke with him tonight. $30 shipped unwelded and $40 welded. Comes with hardware including clamps for tube side and the extinguisher side. Of course they can just be welded to the tube as above as well. Need a minimum of 20 orders just gauging interest. Will set timeframes and such later.

73stallion

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Eugene, OR
what exactly does that mean "welded' or "unwelded"? meaning he just sends us cut pieces of plate and we have to assemble it? also how much will they rattle?

OP
OP
evil69

evil69

fawkin classy
Loc.
Athens, GA
He is cutting out with a plasma table. So unwelded would be flat plate, you weld the two catches to the tank mount and one to the bar mount (if that makes sense). Made from 1/8" cold rolled plate. The plate will index into the plates that get hose clamped to the bar and extinguisher.
Welded would be clamps on, put on bolt and pin (i.e. you are clamping to the truck and adding an ext plus installing and tightening one nut and bolt athough he may go ahead and put the bolt in).

They don't really rattle but currently they are on buggys (that I have been in or around) so not exactly the quietest thing in the world to hear small rattles (if they are any).

I will try to answer anything I can as soon as I can.

ET

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Evil.

How does it work? I see the pull out pin but other end is bolted together. I'm guessing it slides out after you pull the pin?

Eugene

OP
OP
evil69

evil69

fawkin classy
Loc.
Athens, GA
The bolt end has a notch on the bottom of the tank side that slides on. Kinda pull pin, rotate out kinda deal.

ET

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Alright. Please put me down for 2 welded mounts.

broncokak

Bronco Guru
When do you plan on placing the order. Would like to get a couple but don't have the extra $$$ right now. :p

OP
OP
evil69

evil69

fawkin classy
Loc.
Athens, GA
Orders will most likely start in a couple weeks and I am speaking with him on how long to keep it open and also setting production date. Keep in mind, this cat has the plasma table in his 2 car garage and has a regular gig, so work will be completed in the evenings and on weekends. But before anybody sends any money, there will be a set production date. I will assume the DIY kits will go out first since there is no welding to be done.

Edit this would be what an unwelded kit would come as.

Attachments

• fire ext3.jpg
    fire ext3.jpg
    269.3 KB · Views: 84
Last edited:

moe d

Loc.
chicago, il
Oh my god - the chick's boobs in moe d's avatar are going to fall out...This would be a real shame ;D. Oh, and I'm also in (for the fire extinguisher mounting system) if the price is not wrong. After all, I have never been accused of not being a cheap bastard.

That's my wife and she says " thank you "