• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

interior is stinky... any good tricks that actually work?

oldiron

Bronco Guru
I've removed the entire interior, cleaned it all, I'm putting it all back in this weekend and the smell is still there. Hard to describe the smell, but it's not really strong, just enough to let you know that it's still there. This '72 sat for several years before I got it. During the cleaning process I removed 7.5 gallons of dead ladybugs (not a typo). The odor kinda smells like that. (if you've ever been around that many ladybugs you'd know what I'm talking about).
Anyway I'd love to hear some ideas that others have used that actually work, not just cover up.
Greg

AFLtCol

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Wondering if the ladybugs got into the foam, may have another gallon or 2 inside the seats.

75MIKE

Loc.
NE Washington
Finally on the downhill side of air freshener perfume with 3 boxes of baking soda left in all summer. Probably should have changed them out for 3 more about halfway through. It is working.

Used vehicle that smelled like a French house of ill repute.

elan

Loc.
s
I got in a 914 a two years ago and the entire interior stunk like rat poo and pee. I must have removed a pound o' poo.

Had to buy new carpet and have the seats stripped and redone. It was the "only" option to rid the aroma. Gawd it was terrible.

ugly74

Bronco abuser
I’d replace the seat covers and foam. Once odors are in there, it isn’t ever going to stop stinkin.

FordBronc

Contributor
Bronco's, yea I have a couple.
Loc.
Polk County, Missouri
Ues handful of charcoal briquets (none lighter fluid soaked ones) in a bowl under the seats. Change out every 2 weeks. One you collect up enough for a BBQ have at it.

And the baking soda box works also. Bar of Irish Spring in a bowl under seats helps. And it cheaper than rotating air fresheners.

fatboy

Contributor
Glad to be here.
Loc.
New Hampshire
I bought a small ozone generator. Works great on odors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

torbken

Another vote for ozone generator. I used it to eradicate the smoke smell inside my rig.