• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Interior space

cycletherapy

I've been lurking here for awhile, and drooling in my keyboard at the classifieds. Next year, I finish paying off my ex-wife *WOOT!* and I've been seriously contemplating getting a classic Bronco as my daily driver. I plan to buy a pop-up camper to tow with it as well.

My question is this. I have 2 kids and 2 70 pound dogs. Is there room behind the back seat for 2 dogs of this size? Can the rear seat be moved either forward or back to create more space? Do you have any pics of how your rear seat area is set up to utilize the space there? Thanks.

mofoco1

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Clovis, CA
Put a bench up front and you can free the back. I had a bench on my 75 Luber and I was able to fit their Suzuki LT80 once the rear bench was removed.....Mo

Broncitis

MEB Founder
You could do like I did, get two cats instead (Cleveland and Windsor ;D ).

They are smaller and do not like to ride in vehicles anyway.

Problem solved! ;)

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
Two dogs that big will not fit behind the seat. There is about a foot to a foot and a half of space between the back of the seat and the tailgate.

I've heard of people moving the rear seat forward, but that will leave very little leg room between the back seat and front buckets.

As was mentioned, converting to a front bench will make a big difference in seating room.

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
As mentioned earlier a bench seat would be perfect. There is a factory configuration called "delivery" or "ranch wagon" style that came with a bench seat, full top, and a bulkhead behind the bench seat and no rear seat. Look for one of those. This separates the rear bed into a contained cargo area. If you cant find one you can reconfigure any early Bronco pretty easilly.

BTW, never trust cat people! ;D LOL