• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Introduction- Looking at buying, thoughts?

Olin

Hi Everyone,

I'm James, and I live in Austin TX.

I've never had a Bronco, but I've always really liked them and I'm looking at buying one for my wife as our secondary vehicle. She would drive the truck as her daily driver about 20 miles roundtrip to work, and we would take it out and have fun in it otherwise. Our primary vehicle is my 2013 Grand Cherokee company car.

Here is the scoop:

10-12 year old frame off restoration
approx 100,000 miles since restore
351 Windsor
9" rear
Dana 44 front
Auto upgraded parts during restore
disc brakes
power steering
redone interior

$14,000

I have a bunch of pictures, but I can't see how to post them. Maybe I can't post pics on my first post. Let me know how to post pics and your thoughts.

Thanks!

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Welcome aboard James.

You can load pics if you become a contributor, then you would click on advanced below, then the paper clip icon to pull pics from your computer.

http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34373

or via something like photo bucket, etc. a photo share site.

I would hook up with some of the TX crew, have one of those guys check this over for you, or maybe one of them is familair w/the rig.

prepare yourself for the addiction, & feel free to vote daily if you get the urge ;)

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Welcome from here too! Your wife has a fun streak it sounds like. Or else you're the one that wants it secretly so you can drive it! ;D
Either way, there are a couple of other discussions about similar setups here near the top page. Probably due to so many new owners, and soon to be new owners, joining up like you.

The one you're looking at sounds pretty good. A great year and sounds like lots of good stuff already taken care of. But I would warn you about assuming it's not going to take a lot of TLC to get it to DD status.
It might be perfect right out of the box of course, but so many times there are new owners getting their practically "done" rigs home, only to find out they spend the next few months adding and replacing parts that are just now wearing out from the previous build.
Of course, it depends on how the previous owner treated it, but at 100k miles, it's also about due for a LOT of stuff.
Sounds like you're saying that it's got at least a few items that were serviced and replaced along the way, so that might bode well. You just have to be ready for the worst, with an old truck like this.

That said, yours could be the perfect gem in the slightly rough. And the price does not seem too far-fetched these days either. Again though, depends on condition and quality of the previous restoration.

As always, caveat emptor, and the idea sprdv had of getting with some local EB CB members is a good one. Lots of TX members hereabouts. I bet quite a few would be willing to walk you through the pitfalls and advantages of EB ownership.

Best of luck no matter which way you go. If you get this one, or another one. have fun!

Paul