• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Iowa Area

WyoBronc11

Loc.
Boone, IA
Hey guys just in case you guys havent heard, the weekend of Sept. 22 in Nevada, IA there is the 3rd annual Iowa all breeds jeep show, website http://iowajeepshow.com/ , it is a swap meet and general 4x4 weekend. I am going to be there with my bronco and a buddy is going with his heep. Hopefully we can represent the bronco community properly.;D

eaglenest66

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I know a little bit more on this to add for us bronco owners. Paula (event creator) and her husband started this three years ago and apparently last year they had 300 rigs each day show up for the two day event!! Quite impressive for the second year. This event is for both days and apparently is both a show and shine as well as obstacle course fun!! There might be other stuff but not sure as I have never been. It is open to "ALL" short wheel based 4x4s. Her dad is an avid early bronco nut and told her of me for contacting purposes. I guess there was a strong presence of Jeeps, Unimogs, Scouts, Land Rovers, Samuris, Toyota, etc.......everything but the bronco!! I guess last year there was one! They want to see that change as they know us bronco owners are present and love gatherings. I am planning on making if not one day, both. I have seen a video of the event and it does look to be impressive. The obstacle course involves a bit of everything - teeter totters to scaling logs and such. They did list out sponsors and I have to say that there is a ton of give-aways too!

eaglenest66

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Anyone going to this? I am thinking Sunday for me. Not sure if Saturday will work at this point. Wyo, when are you going? tim

OP
OP
W

WyoBronc11

Loc.
Boone, IA
Im planning on sat for sure. Maybe sun. Thinking on if they have a work in progress cat in there show then ill enter my rig in.

OP
OP
W

WyoBronc11

Loc.
Boone, IA
Ok seriously I just looked at the photos from the event and not one bronco in there at all. Just a bunch of heeps. We need a good show of folks guys.

eaglenest66

Contributor
Bronco Guru
That is what they say too! Paula and the gang are starving for EBs to be present!! She said that is the only short wheel based rig that has a no show. Wyo, I am going to pm you. Give me a call later today if you would. tim