• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

iPhone/iPod mounting options?

Banjer Picker

Bronco Guru
Where and how are you guys mounting your devices so that they are still within reach to change tunes, access directions etc?

I have the spreader bar on my roll cage that runs parallel with and adjacent to the dash. Are any of you mounting/ hanging your device from here?

Thanks!

lonesouth

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Ram mount has my vote. I've got one for my jog stroller and it is solid.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005EP84Q8/ref=oh_details_o06_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

even with a non-ram case on my iphone, the mount has kung-fu grip.

51l3Csi2jDL.jpg

SpareParts

Bronco Guru
I used a Otterbox clip, removed the belt clip part and screwed it to a mount that I made off the cage. My cage mount is a PVC tee, bored out to fit my cage, and then clamped around it.

Attachments

• otter box mount.jpg
    otter box mount.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 108

SC74

Contributor
Bronco Guru
RAM Mount here too - can't beat the X-grip. I leave my otter box on the i phone and you can't shake it out of the ram mount. Little pricey, but well worth it.

Glass Pony

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Sussex County Delaware
Ipod has a docking station in the glove box but would require the head unit in the dash to make selections.
Marine grade Fusion components.

Attachments

• IMG_0408.jpg
    IMG_0408.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_0404.jpg
    IMG_0404.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 75

roan65

Loc.
Alaska
I use proclip in my work truck. You can customize them however you like. I use a pass threw and plug into my stereo via USB. However they offer several different cradles and mounts. The even offer no drill mounts for new vehicles, which I use in my 05 f150. You can get mounts for just about anything including ipads!!! Kinda spendy but well worth it

http://www.proclipusa.com/cellphones/cellphones.aspx

72_EB

Contributor
66to77
Smoking is bad for you anyway. ;) This is where I put 'em.

Attachments

• tunes.jpg
    tunes.jpg
    240.5 KB · Views: 44