• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

iPod Touch-- How Many GB's to Get?

u10072

Bronco Guru
Hey -- I am going to buy a used ipod touch 4 off ebay-- there are zillions on there-- how many GB's should I get? Like how many songs can go into a 8gb unit? I have never bought any itunes-- I do love AC/DC and for $100 you get "The Collection" of 159 songs -- how my GB is that? This is EB related because thats about the only time I will use it :)

Thanks,
Matt

Rox Crusher

Bronco Guru
8gb will be fine

I have about 15 hours of music on my iPhone and it is only using 3.5 gb of storage

Rock in brother

Crawdad

Bronco Guru
You can also get the refurbished Apple Nano 16GB for $89 online at Walmart. Pay $12 for two year warrantee, hard to beat that deal. Brand new its $140 I think. I have kept a separate external hard drive that hold 10,000 songs I copied from a friend. It takes up about 16-17 GB of space. So all I do is transfer like 1 GB of songs to my iPhone and go from there. If I loaded up my iPhone with 6 or 7 GB of music it will slow my phone down big time. It may do the same to your iPod touch if you load it to max unless you get the bigger 32 GB or 64 GB versions which is what they are designed to do, not to mention pics, movies and videos. I may have a lot of songs but I may listen to less than 1% of them and that's only when I jog. I have never bought one song from iTunes. All I have ever done is load up a CD or hard drive and download it to my iTunes.

JoePro

Contributor
It depends on the lengths of the songs but when I bought mine they said each 1 GB can hold 100-150 songs on average.

OP
OP
u10072

u10072

Bronco Guru
well sounds like 8gb worth is possibly more music than I even like :)

Well if anyone on here has the iphone 4 and up as well as the 4 touch and up-- the Lifeproof case is a rocknroll show!! Being that I do a lot of dirty work the fact that the thing is waterproof (i.e. SWEAT), it is also dirt proof-- takes hell of a drop and no issues as well. You can now get knockoff ones that are honestly pretty damn good too. Point I am making is you can water/dirt proof your iphone/touch. While I genuinely dislike the iphone I absolutely love the case. So thats the reason for the ipod touch is I am moving back to droitville with the G3 or G4 because LIfeproof now has cases for them as well which are water/dirt proof! Thanks for the help guys!!!

Rox Crusher

Bronco Guru
Maybe someone has a solution to my somewhat related music issue

I use my 4S iPhone to olay music on my stereo via Bluetooth

Some content from iTunes, some from CD collection

Problem is the playback volume is inconsistent from one song to the next so I am forever having to adjust the volume

Any advice / solution ?

MyOriginal66

Bronco Guru
Maybe someone has a solution to my somewhat related music issue

I use my 4S iPhone to olay music on my stereo via Bluetooth

Some content from iTunes, some from CD collection

Problem is the playback volume is inconsistent from one song to the next so I am forever having to adjust the volume

Any advice / solution ?

Go to SETTINGS

scroll down to MUSIC

turn on SOUND CHECK

problem solved. I wish all Bronco problems were that easy!

nobodysfool

Loc.
wheatfield,new york
I installed a Jensen marine radio in my eb nice and small with an -pod jack. My I-pod is a 32g and has 1600 songs with more space still. Good choice on ac/dc I am a Judas Priest fan myself...