• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Security Console with Ipod / MP3/ hidden drawer

Rox Crusher

Bronco Guru
Greg,

Nice looking design.

on the sideview / cutaway view............

what is that short little shelf area for towards the front on the inside of the lockable storage area ?

Just wondering if it was meant for something specific or if not, why that piece isn't just angled up to make it simpler / less costly ?

OP
OP
Greg_B

Greg_B

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Cohutta, GA
Yes I made some progress...

Should have a new prototype this week. Changed a few things maninly to make it more production friendly. As soon as we finish the current job on the laser this will get cut out and welded up.

Top will be padded and cup holders are also included front and back.

Greg

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
Greg, looks awesome! you are sum talented brother!

OP
OP
Greg_B

Greg_B

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Cohutta, GA
Greg, looks awesome! you are sum talented brother!

Gonna have to be honest Tasker...

About 28 years ago I took the very first CAD classes offered at the local community college.... I did drafting and machine design for a few years for a living but technology has run off and left me...

I scetched this up on paper and gave it to one of my younger "fresh out of college" engineers to draw up between projects.... that is why it takes so long for me to finish a project... When we get slow I throw this stuff at them to work on. I go in and make changes and tweak this or that to what he draws but it isnt all me as much as I would like to think so, the guys here at work are pretty sharp.

Now everything on my Bronco... I designed and built myself.... but some of these recent projects I had help on.

Greg

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
loved the stuff i saw in person and think you sell your self short

broncokak

Bronco Guru
I need a center console some day. Would like to fit a 2 way radio in it and and amp for the stereo.

OP
OP
Greg_B

Greg_B

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Cohutta, GA
The front of this console has a "face plate" that could be custom made to fit any type of device you want in it. The inside has a place for an amp to be mounted as well.... that is the reason for the holes or grill on the side.... to let the heat out from an amp or radio.

Greg

broncoitis

Bronco Guru
Greg,

The console is lookin good! Lookin forward to seeing your prototype! ;D