• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Is 1966 windshield worth anything

Dbteak

I need a windshield in my crawler and I was going to take the glass out of the budd body window frame I have and I was wondering if it should find a new home in someone's restoration. It is in pretty good shape with no cracks and 2 small rock chips. I have never seen a thread talking about needing or wanting the correct date coded Carlite glass. If it was a mustang doing a concours restoration looking for a 100 points it would be important but not sure about broncos. I figured I would ask before throwing it on the crawler.

Doug

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
A 66 nerd will for sure buy it if you post it up for sale. Someone here was looking for one in the last year or two.

Gas Pig

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Yes I would say so! I would have killed for an original carlite windshield for my #51 truck. Most everything else besides the rubber pieces were all original FoMoCo parts that were original in mint condition or restored. The front windshield on my truck was cracked but all the other glass original. Even the one door glass was actually cut backwards.

Gas Pig

Contributor
Bronco Guru
A 66 nerd will for sure buy it if you post it up for sale. Someone here was looking for one in the last year or two.

Are you calling me a nerd? Lol

Also Tim Hulick must also be a nerd too! Lol

OP
OP
Dbteak

Dbteak

I guess I will use the new one I was saving for my daily driver and keep the original one for some nerd that needs one. I do need to check the date code to make sure it's original and not swapped for an newer one.
I do wish I didn't throw away the original hood that had rust on the front lip and I should have gone back for the hub caps that came with the bronco but it was 30 miles away and I never did get them.

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
I guess I will use the new one I was saving for my daily driver and keep the original one for some nerd that needs one. I do need to check the date code to make sure it's original and not swapped for an newer one.
I do wish I didn't throw away the original hood that had rust on the front lip and I should have gone back for the hub caps that came with the bronco but it was 30 miles away and I never did get them.

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Bajabrewer

Contributor
Bronco Guru
If I hang out with you guys does that make me a nerd too?;D

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL

Good call.. :)

dhfastback

Funny you mention it but Tim picked up a 66 frame and windshield from me several years ago

OP
OP
Dbteak

Dbteak

just google Carlite glass date code. There is a code on the lower left side. The glass I have has a 5J which means 1965 year and October.

panamokabob

66 windshield

Thanks, But I tried the google thing and no luck. Everything is just to sell you new

OP
OP
Dbteak

Dbteak

The information I found was for mustangs and cougars but I see no reason why it would be different for the broncos. Doug

Attachments

• Date code.JPG
    Date code.JPG
    148.1 KB · Views: 17